Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Guy from Fremont Calif.

randingo8

My XLR/V(s)
2004, Black on Black
Hi All, I have a Black Chevy SSR and I love the hardtop retractable top. I’ve been looking for a Black XLR for a year now. I've been lurking around your website trying to find out as much as I can about them, so I can make an informed decision before I purchased. Okay, so I finally did it! Here are some pics of my new toy! I purchased it from the original owner. 66K miles, Magna Flow Exhaust, V-hood, 18" Chrome wheels, new tires, new grill, new headlights, perfect paint, always garaged, complete service history by Cadillac dealership, runs and drives perfect. I love it!

See Ya!
Randy

Welcome Randy,
Looks really sharp. Imagine already a 10 year old car and looks like new!
Steven

Welcome!!! Beautiful car! I usually prefer OEM wheels but I really like yours.

More power to you for wanting black - tough to keep nice. Getting ready to tackle polishing our black V (should have named it "Demon V" for the paint), could only hope to get it looking like yours.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new acquisition!

I like a shiny black car (as long as it belongs to someone else)! :D

Thanks for posting your great pictures. Be sure to set up a "Garage" and enter pictures of your other vehicles.

Welcome and congrats on your new toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Great color, maybe one day mine'll shine that good. :D

Congrats on your new ride! Very nice looking and I'll bet you'll love your investment for a long time. Black is a difficult color to keep, but, in MY opinion, no other color comes close to embracing and enhancing the design of this car. Have fun!!

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!!! :cool:

WELCOME Randy
It's a BLACK BEAUTY hope you love it as much as we all love ours! Hope to meet at one of the XLR Gatherings!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Hey All,</SPAN>

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, it’s hard to believe its 10 years old. In person the car looks brand new. It was the original owner's pride and joy, he kept it in perfect condition. The more I drive the XLR the more I like it. Its smooth fast and comfortable. It fits me like a glove. Black was the only color for me, you will see why, here are a couple of pics. First my commuter car is a 08 Chevy HHR Panel, second is my 04 Chevy SSR.

394041167.jpg

403476748.jpg

See Ya!
Randy
</SPAN>

Hi All, I have a Black Chevy SSR and I love the hardtop retractable top. I’ve been looking for a Black XLR for a year now. I've been lurking around your website trying to find out as much as I can about them, so I can make an informed decision before I purchased. Okay, so I finally did it! Here are some pics of my new toy! I purchased it from the original owner. 66K miles, Magna Flow Exhaust, V-hood, 18" Chrome wheels, new tires, new grill, new headlights, perfect paint, always garaged, complete service history by Cadillac dealership, runs and drives perfect. I love it!

See Ya!
Randy

Welcome, beautiful XLR, looks like you found a gem! So you have named a few other rides... I am into old cars too but mostly muscle car era, but I don't know the era that your thumb nail car is. What make and model is that?

The car in my Avatar is my 1938 Dodge Business Coupe. I have a small car collection and this is my Custom Car. It's been chopped 5", 1937 La Salle grill, hydraulic suspension front and back and much more.

367531842.jpg

367531841.jpg

367531854.jpg

367531855.jpg

See Ya!
Randy

Nice

New guy from Fremont Calif

Randy
Welcome I would think all those black cars would require so much time to keep them shining you couldn't find time to enjoy the ride. That new ride sure looks good. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my XLR. If you need help understanding anything about the XLR this is the right place to be.
Bob:wave:

Nice collection, and congrats on the XLR. That Dodge is unusual, and cool.
Bruce

edit: Just saw the Packard and the Auburn also, wow, very cool stuff.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone! You guys are a friendly bunch::). I'm glad everyone likes my cars.

Yes, the three black cars are a handful to keep up. The XLR and the SSR aren't driven that much, just weekends. The HHR Panel gets the worst of it, it's my daily driver/ commuter car. I end up washing it at least once a week to keep it shinny.

See Ya!
Randy

Welcome Randy
You join the best damn XLR forum on the internet!
Love your 38 Dodge and how you add a La Salle grill!
I'm a Street Rod, Classic, Muscle, Antique Vehicle freak too! I own 52 Studebaker short bed pick up truck that I'm going to transform into a Street Rod with a LS1 motor / trans! Future retirement project. Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy your XLR as much as we all on here do! And may be meet at one of the XLR events!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry