Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Inside Rear View Mirror/Dims Itself and Side Mirror

JohnnyBfromPeoria

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Base, Black/Black
So, I sprung for a new inside rear view mirror since the one that came with the car was broken and couldn't be adjusted. Genuine GM part through Rock Auto. Installed it and started the car and instantly, every time now, the left hand outside and inside center mirrors dim. Lights on/off, doesn't matter. I'm tempted to just unplug the thing since I don't use any of the 'features' like OnStar. The old one did not do this and I haven't been able to reason why this one does. Anybody hear of this before?

John B.

Johnny

Regarding the rear view GM mirror purchased, does it have the following part number 10332505 for the GPS type mirror.
This part Number is the GM one for the 2004 XLR.

Find attached a copies of the 04 driver manual pages for the mirrors, can I suggest to read it, hoping that could help.

Good reading.

Ian:thumbsup

Mirror1.jpgmirror2.jpg

Thanks, Ian! The part number is the one you listed. I have pressed the 'power on/off' button several times, held it for a couple of seconds as well, nothing. So there's a problem I'll have to figure out. Hopefully it's in the mirror because I can exchange that!

John B.

John B.

I would check first the connector on the mirror, if it has some corrosions .

Check the fuses 25 for the inside mirror and the fuse 31 for the outside fold mirror, for corrosion. The fuse box (block ) is locate at passenger foot well, behind the carpet.

The inside mirror has ambiant and headlights sensors and they are sending signals for night driving to the outside mirror and the headlights.

Check the ground 202 on the lower A pillar, trims will have to be removed, if corrosions is found it might be a good idea to do the same for the B pillar at rear of passenger side, ground 302, the black box gets all the black wirings of its area.
If you find corrosion, to clean it, Radio Shack is selling a spray for that need,
clean them and air pressure the connections to dry completely.
( The battery must be disconnected and the windows rebooting, see the owners manual )
After this, if the mirror still do not work properly,then you could suspected the mirror head defective ?

IAN:wave:

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry