Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Member and Owner of 2008 XLR-V

My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR-V Crystal Red Metallic
I had stated on many occasions that I would own a corvette prior to my death. This was before I discovered Cadillac's line of XLRs. On Christmas eve 2014 I pulled the trigger and purchased a 2008 XLR-V Crystal Metallic Red with cashmere interior (Serial number 216 and one of only fifty-nine produced in that color combination). This website (xlr-net) has been a valuable tool in helping make the decision to purchase a V. Thanks to the site administrator and members for your inputs regarding this very rare car by Cadillac. The only "disappointment" to-date has been the 2008 does not have Bluetooth capability. None of the posts regarding Bluetooth are really current. Cadillac dealers will NOT install an updated system to this car or any XLR (parts department is not allowed to replace any system that doesn't match the VIN number); the navigational disk only goes to version 9 which means no updated road information can be obtained; and to integrate a new nav/radio system into a XLR is a major undertaking in order to keep the operational integration of the steering wheel controls and HUD. If any member can give me updated information regarding a seamless integration of an aftermarket system that will work in a 2008 XLR please share with me. I wanted to keep the Cadillac a Cadillac but this just isn't possible.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 312
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. You may be interested in this thread for Bluetooth capability:

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-technical-discussion/7948-mp3-ipod.html

I had stated on many occasions that I would own a corvette prior to my death. This was before I discovered Cadillac's line of XLRs. On Christmas eve 2014 I pulled the trigger and purchased a 2008 XLR-V Crystal Metallic Red with cashmere interior (Serial number 216 and one of only fifty-nine produced in that color combination). This website (xlr-net) has been a valuable tool in helping make the decision to purchase a V. Thanks to the site administrator and members for your inputs regarding this very rare car by Cadillac. The only "disappointment" to-date has been the 2008 does not have Bluetooth capability. None of the posts regarding Bluetooth are really current. Cadillac dealers will NOT install an updated system to this car or any XLR (parts department is not allowed to replace any system that doesn't match the VIN number); the navigational disk only goes to version 9 which means no updated road information can be obtained; and to integrate a new nav/radio system into a XLR is a major undertaking in order to keep the operational integration of the steering wheel controls and HUD. If any member can give me updated information regarding a seamless integration of an aftermarket system that will work in a 2008 XLR please share with me. I wanted to keep the Cadillac a Cadillac but this just isn't possible.

Welcome to the club. Love the color, inside and out. How many miles on the dream machine?

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the best XLR forum around. Great color too. I have a 06 infrared

march copy 2.jpgcruising to the creek 2014 copy.jpg

New member and Owner of 2008 V

Congratulation.
That was the exact color combo I had seen out side of my VA. clinic and feel in love. You are going to love that car. It performs just as good as it looks. Pherde and CC had a very good thread exchange not long ago on the new blue tooth unit available with the installation instructions
You probably wonder why I ended up with a black on black combination. I found out on this forum that the Black ones are faster. :chuckle
Welcome
V Happy

Welcome to the club. Love the color, inside and out. How many miles on the dream machine?

Army Al,

The car had 56,257 miles on it when purchased. The best that I can determine this car was "born" in Bowling Green KY and "raised" in the South.
When I leave Arkansas for retirement it will head to sunny Florida where the car can really be put to use - - top down and cruising the beaches.

Welcome.

That is the same as mine, or what it used to be before I had it painted.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom