Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New member Gene & Gina from Oklahoma ‘06 XLR Base

Oidar

Just bought my wife this beautiful 2006 XLR with 67,000 miles.

Already had the dreaded shift cable issue I’ve read is common but love the car other than that!

I look forward to reading & learning more about our new toy!

Attachments

• 2B20F068-C09F-4F16-9C42-743E41CDAC22.jpg
    2B20F068-C09F-4F16-9C42-743E41CDAC22.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 235
Welcome to the forum Gene & Gina and our world of XLR! A place to meet great people and get questions answered about your new to you ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum & enjoy your new ride!

Welcome to the forum, I also bought my wife for retirement gift, a black 04 with 62 thousand. She loves it.

Welcome Aboard ! : )

Hi Gene and Gina,

Really pretty XLR you guys bought. Congratulations! Welcome to The XLR Site. We all work together here to try to help each other out with our cars and keep them cruising.

Best Wishes to you both and enjoy your new ride. :wave:

Last edited:
Hi Dan, :wave:
This is an 'aside', an FYI on this thread in addition to welcoming Gene and Gina. I am going ahead with the garage addition. Am finishing up the planning stage right now. Met with The Architect/Structural Engineers this afternoon. Blue Prints are done. It will ad 420 s.f. off the one side of our existing 2 car. With scissor trusses (vaulted ceiling) will allow for 4 cars on this one new side utilizing double post lifts side by side. So what was a 2 car garage will become a 6 car garage. Yea! :thumbsup The engineers are involved because I am required to do an Engineered Foundation. Won't allow a Monolithic Slab. Darn. Too much sandy soil and too close to the edge of a hill. Getting everything together and lining up the various people and trades to make it happen is a bit of a chore. But, I am excited! ;)
Hope all is well with you and Wendy.

Hi Dan, :wave:
This is an 'aside', an FYI on this thread in addition to welcoming Gene and Gina. I am going ahead with the garage addition. Am finishing up the planning stage right now. Met with The Architect/Structural Engineers this afternoon. Blue Prints are done. It will ad 420 s.f. off the one side of our existing 2 car. With scissor trusses (vaulted ceiling) will allow for 4 cars on this one new side utilizing double post lifts side by side. So what was a 2 car garage will become a 6 car garage. Yea! :thumbsup The engineers are involved because I am required to do an Engineered Foundation. Won't allow a Monolithic Slab. Darn. Too much sandy soil and too close to the edge of a hill. Getting everything together and lining up the various people and trades to make it happen is a bit of a chore. But, I am excited! ;)
Hope all is well with you and Wendy.

That’s awesome! Thanks too N2Deep Alan on here, got Roxy running normal again and hadn’t shutdown while driving all summer long! Found a wire to fuel module was the problem, ran another ground wire to the frame from the fuel module connector, in the drivers side rear wheel well area, and it fixed the problem. I still got some finishing touches on the Outback Caddy Shack too, before winter sets in, but now that’s falls here I can get some things done with more the comfortable temperatures, to be able work outside! We had a lot of humid mid 90’s days this summer! There’s a new, but very ole project in the garage now, which I had since the early 80’s, when my father past it on to me, but life & businesses got in the way and it never...... Got accomplished! It’s a 52 Studebaker short bed 2R5 pickup truck! Yes that’s the engine for it it’s an LS1. It will be a street rod! Our other exciting news was we decided to move south when Wendy retires, so we bought a home along Lake Marion in SC. Nice 3 bed house, completely remodeled with a 30x40 garage! It will be a rental property until we are ready to move! See pictures below! It’s been busy summer!
696d50a270fbc42e46058a190ce82d56.jpg
1b1451a37813d5ef23e7c0433438c2cf.jpg
1a8a01d512f911ae5333089aae945283.jpg
cdf96e147f1cdd66d6ed86c1021cb937.jpg

78ab58761150a307f5637a2d9e14b891.jpg
0da41214360d604c4badcfb9274f9bd3.jpg
69eb4d48e77d0a96e7acad625662b611.jpg
286d375160a338f8f7984cad359dd939.jpg
945d133f9e094c42deee5e02e9eb455a.jpg

Dan, Great pictures. Thanks! Nice place in SC. Even a 'better garage'. :thumbsup Glad you got Roxy Sorted. Interesting. A bad ground wire. Cool that N2 Deep Alan was able to help get you to correction. Those kinds of issues can and do make us 'crazy' trying to figure out. --- What a cool old Studebaker Truck. And an LT1. Wow. Should be a 'rocket'. Are you going to Resto Mod it, or make it a Patina Type kind of a Rat Rod? Me" I'd Resto Mod it and maybe do a nice paint job in Candy Apple Red. Cragar Mags. My two cents worth. --- I will post pictures on a separate thread of the garage addition build when it begins. Best wishes, Charles

Dan, Great pictures. Thanks! Nice place in SC. Even a 'better garage'. :thumbsup Glad you got Roxy Sorted. Interesting. A bad ground wire. Cool that N2 Deep Alan was able to help get you to correction. Those kinds of issues can and do make us 'crazy' trying to figure out. --- What a cool old Studebaker Truck. And an LT1. Wow. Should be a 'rocket'. Are you going to Resto Mod it, or make it a Patina Type kind of a Rat Rod? Me" I'd Resto Mod it and maybe do a nice paint job in Candy Apple Red. Cragar Mags. My two cents worth. --- I will post pictures on a separate thread of the garage addition build when it begins. Best wishes, Charles

Well to start probably natural Patina look, thinking about setting the body on a Chevy truck frame, S10 they say works well and that updates the drive train to a modern safe system and also to handle the torc of that LS1 which cranks around 400HP

Smart!

Well to start probably natural Patina look, thinking about setting the body on a Chevy truck frame, S10 they say works well and that updates the drive train to a modern safe system and also to handle the torc of that LS1 which cranks around 400HP

Dan, smart approach. Using an S10 Chassis. Then you have all the newer stuff. Disc brakes, etc. Makes sense. Plus makes overall for a bit easier job than trying to re-engineer the original drive train gear, etc. Yet, still not 'easy'. Just a bit more straightforward than the other route.

Just bought my wife this beautiful 2006 XLR with 67,000 miles.

Already had the dreaded shift cable issue I’ve read is common but love the car other than that!

I look forward to reading & learning more about our new toy!

Gene, You are really going to enjoy your new ride. As you read this forum you will read about trunk leaks and the controllers for the top getting waterlogged and damaged. What I did a few years ago was put a plastic sheet on the left side of the floor of the trunk. Under the carpet there is trap door and in there you will find the pump and other stuff. This car sits outside in Palm Springs and it doesn't rain much there but when it does it really comes down. So far so good.
John F.

Gene, You are really going to enjoy your new ride. As you read this forum you will read about trunk leaks and the controllers for the top getting waterlogged and damaged. What I did a few years ago was put a plastic sheet on the left side of the floor of the trunk. Under the carpet there is trap door and in there you will find the pump and other stuff. This car sits outside in Palm Springs and it doesn't rain much there but when it does it really comes down. So far so good.
John F.

I'm not 100% sure why a plastic sheet will help? The water, if it comes into the trunk, will creep under a sheet. Actually, it can flow under the sheet easily, from where it will pour into the well containing the pump etc. Apart from keeping rain water out of the trunk in the first place, keeping the drain hole working is the solution. Just make sure it isn't blocked.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom