Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Member needing some tech help

Jack Bowser

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black XLR-V
I just bought a 06 XLR-V and it has 2 issues:

1- no power at the Cigarette lighter socket. fuse # 46 is good and I tried with ignition on. Anything I have overlooked?
Any ideas as to what the problem could be will be appreciated.

2- The exhaust cutouts/baffles are always open so the exhaust is always loud and gets annoying after a while.

I have Vacuum back at the solenoid and the baffle actuators are free (I can push them closed but they go back to open position when I release them).

I took the Vacuum line off the solenoid and ran it to the actuators so the baffles are now closed but I would like to have this working correctly.

Is there a easy way to determine if the problem is the Vacuum solenoid or the Electronic module?

I assume this can be expensive. Maybe the previous owner did something to keep the baffles open all the time. Can a fuse be removed or maybe some adjustment made to the electronic module to keep it from operating the Vacuum solenoid?

Any help on this issue will also be appreciated.

Last edited:
Welcome to the XLR Net!

I'm going to move your thread into the XLR-V forum for greater exposure....

Thanks

Thanks Rob,

i should have realized that that this is where I should have posted.

im betting I can add a switch so I can select open or closed baffles when ever I want.

im hoping someone knows why I don’t have power to the cigarette lighter outlet even though the fuse is good

Similar problem

I just bought a 06 XLR-V and it has 2 issues:

1- no power at the Cigarette lighter socket. fuse # 46 is good and I tried with ignition on. Anything I have overlooked?
Any ideas as to what the problem could be will be appreciated.

2- The exhaust cutouts/baffles are always open so the exhaust is always loud and gets annoying after a while.

I have Vacuum back at the solenoid and the baffle actuators are free (I can push them closed but they go back to open position when I release them).

I took the Vacuum line off the solenoid and ran it to the actuators so the baffles are now closed but I would like to have this working correctly.

Is there a easy way to determine if the problem is the Vacuum solenoid or the Electronic module?

I assume this can be expensive. Maybe the previous owner did something to keep the baffles open all the time. Can a fuse be removed or maybe some adjustment made to the electronic module to keep it from operating the Vacuum solenoid?

Any help on this issue will also be appreciated.

Hi Jack,

I have the opposite problem, research indicates the dual exshaust baffles should open at 3,000 rpm, Mine do not. I've read other threads where there is a override switch to manualy control the baffles. Might check around the interior for that, also there is one with a remote. If a Mod has been made, it would be seen in the left side of the trunk under the mat. https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-v/9862-exhaust-module-2.html#post75912

The module is called mild to wild....maybe yours has one that failed.

This thread is located at:<o:p></o:p>
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/new-member-introductions/10477-2007-xlr-v-exshaust-new-post.html<o:p></o:p>

Fuse number 9 its a 10amp. On the exhaust module located in the trunk drivers side under the carpet and under the trap door. Just interrupt the circuit of the single brown wire with a white stripe and presto ... manual exhaust note adjustment. I have had mine like this for well over a year with no ill effects.

I put a switch on mine with a simple toggle switch that I ran to the center storage area and I can just flip the switch for loud or switch it back to "Wife mode". Hope this helps you out. You may still need to find what the previous owner may have done. :dunno:

Have pics but will not upload for some reason. PM me if you want them and I can email you.

Thank you

thank you!

Fuse number 9 its a 10amp. On the exhaust module located in the trunk drivers side under the carpet and under the trap door. Just interrupt the circuit of the single brown wire with a white stripe and presto ... manual exhaust note adjustment. I have had mine like this for well over a year with no ill effects.

I put a switch on mine with a simple toggle switch that I ran to the center storage area and I can just flip the switch for loud or switch it back to "Wife mode". Hope this helps you out. You may still need to find what the previous owner may have done. :dunno:

Have pics but will not upload for some reason. PM me if you want them and I can email you.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom