Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New OEM Closeout Position Sensor 19210515

xlr2sl

One new OEM closeout position sensor switch PN: 19210515 in the box, and the plastic has never been open, see photos. $875.00, free shipping. No returns, no refunds, no guarantees, no warranties expressed or implied.

SOLD No Longer Available

thumbnail_IMG_1343.jpg

Last edited:
One new OEM closeout position sensor switch PN: 19210515 in the box, and the plastic has never been open, see photos. $875.00, free shipping. No returns, no refunds, no guarantees, no warranties expressed or implied.
View attachment 13506

Quite the price... which sadly leads me to less than ideal thoughts and words, so I'll keep it as tidy as I can... :

You're #$%!! disgusting. :nono:

Last list price on GM Parts House was $685.00 when they were available. Go %*@! yourself.

used ones on ebay go for 500 I just saw a new one sale on ebay for 100. plus they can be repaired. they were about 87.00 new at gm till they were discontinued. A new substitute will be for sale around feb for about 150 (two members are working on it). you can get them used from a number of sources for under 300. they just dont list them . You have to call and ask for them. when they show failed 90% of the time all you need to do is loosen them up move to their proper location and retighten the bolt. It does take a tech 2 sometimes to reset.

the actual prices juts before they ran out where

Last edited:
I have plenty of used ones that have been checked and work and am not a jerk on price like the guy above . just PM me and I will get back to you

Any more info. on the repair or new substitute for part# 19210515
I have plenty of used ones that have been checked and work and am not a jerk on price like the guy above . just PM me and I will get back to you
PM doesn’t seem to work to get more info

sent a message to you .whats the top doing and are you sure its the sensor. If so I have them 325 shipped .
mickeytee:
The top on my 2005 operates normally, opening and closing.
The problem is the trunk lid, which does not open or close on its own (it only opens and closes when I start the top and closing operation).
I can hear the trunk lock ’click’ when I push the inside trunk button or my remote control; but I have to physically pry open and close the trunk manually. The local Cadillac dealer advised me to replace the trunk lid struts and the switch 19210515 (which they couldn’t find). They replaced the struts, but I’m still stuck with a trunk I can’t open or close. Any ideas or suggestions?

that part number is for a position sensor. When they go bad the top stops in a half open or closed position. If the top is working ok I doubt you need a position sensor .You may need the trunk closure switch. when you manually open the trunk can you shut it with remote ,inside switch or the trunk mounted switch? If you manually open the trunk about 2/3 of the way and it wont stay you need new struts . if they have not been replaced in a while they are inexpensive and help save the pump from over working. If you replace the position sensor (there are three of them) the trunk will have to be relearned on a tech 2 scanner

that part number is for a position sensor. When they go bad the top stops in a half open or closed position. If the top is working ok I doubt you need a position sensor .You may need the trunk closure switch. when you manually open the trunk can you shut it with remote ,inside switch or the trunk mounted switch? If you manually open the trunk about 2/3 of the way and it wont stay you need new struts . if they have not been replaced in a while they are inexpensive and help save the pump from over working. If you replace the position sensor (there are three of them) the trunk will have to be relearned on a tech 2 scanner

mickeydee:
When I manually open the trunk I also have to shut it manually, I can’t shut it with my remote, the inside swithch or the trunk mounted switch.
The struts were recently replaced with new ones..….you indicate that I may need the trunk closure switch instead of the position sensor; how can I test to see if it might be the trunk closure switch?

used ones on ebay go for 500 I just saw a new one sale on ebay for 100. plus they can be repaired. they were about 87.00 new at gm till they were discontinued. A new substitute will be for sale around feb for about 150 (two members are working on it). you can get them used from a number of sources for under 300. they just dont list them . You have to call and ask for them. when they show failed 90% of the time all you need to do is loosen them up move to their proper location and retighten the bolt. It does take a tech 2 sometimes to reset.

the actual prices juts before they ran out where
If those two members want to PM me, I’m an engineer with an obsession over reverse-engineering XLR systems and I’d be glad to help if I can.

go for it . Trying to figure out electrical problems without a tech 2 and in person is mostly just guessing and based on past experience. I would start with the trunk pull down switch but they are no longer available, I will see if i have one you can try.

go for it . Trying to figure out electrical problems without a tech 2 and in person is mostly just guessing and based on past experience. I would start with the trunk pull down switch but they are no longer available, I will see if i have one you can try.
By the way, even when I use my key-unlock on the lower left rear bumper, I get the clicking-unlock sound, but the trunk lid will not open.

the bumper key is just a manual release.. it just is a cable that pulls the release to allow the trunk to raise. it will not cause the trunk to open. it just releases it so you can pick the trunk up by hand. the second thing I would replace after the switch mentioned before would be the trunk lock assembly. they do also go bad

mickeydee:
When I manually open the trunk I also have to shut it manually, I can’t shut it with my remote, the inside swithch or the trunk mounted switch.
The struts were recently replaced with new ones..….you indicate that I may need the trunk closure switch instead of the position sensor; how can I test to see if it might be the trunk closure switch?
mickeytee:
Would you happen to know the GM part number for the trunk closure switch. I agree with you that it may be this switch rather than the top-stow close position switch that the Cadillac dealer suggested.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom