Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Owner 06 XLR-V

ghawk

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V Black/Shale
Hi all - Recently surprised my wife with a 06 XLR-V Christmas gift as it is a car that she always wanted but would not buy for herself. Wanted to say thanks since I have already got some valuable information from the forum here, as I bought 2 new FOBs and programmed them from the technical posts. Since it was originally a Florida car, the dash pad had delaminated, I already pulled it out and re-glued the leather down so it looks much better. Ordered a new drivers seat bottom cushion to replace the current one that shows some wear, hopefully that will be in next week and I will tackle that one.

Just wanted to say hi and look forward to the thawing of the Michigan winter so we can actually get it out and drive it...lol

Gary

Hi all - Recently surprised my wife with a 06 XLR-V Christmas gift as it is a car that she always wanted but would not buy for herself. Wanted to say thanks since I have already got some valuable information from the forum here, as I bought 2 new FOBs and programmed them from the technical posts. Since it was originally a Florida car, the dash pad had delaminated, I already pulled it out and re-glued the leather down so it looks much better. Ordered a new drivers seat bottom cushion to replace the current one that shows some wear, hopefully that will be in next week and I will tackle that one.

Just wanted to say hi and look forward to the thawing of the Michigan winter so we can actually get it out and drive it...lol

Gary

Welcome to XLR Forum and world of XLR’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from the fly-over part of the snow belt, we all hope for a short winter. Hoping to hear more about swapping out your drivers seat bottom, mine is probably due for replacement as well.

Ghawk
welcome to the forum. Best place to learn the in's and outs of the XLR. Sounds as though we have the same car. I've owned my Raven black 06 V since 09. I now have it put away in a bubble for the winter. Love this car! Hope you and your wife enjoy your V half as much as I've enjoyed mine.
V HAPPY✌️

Thanks for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it!

Managed to replace the drivers seat bottom cover, foam and the seat back cover last night to get the interior up to snuff. Now its back under the cover again for a winter nap. Really looking forward to dry warm roads to go play.

Gary

you happen to have the only car that you can get that piece for the interior still. I think almost 80% of the seat parts are no longer made. You did really good for your first problem. Hope they all work that well

For sure I was lucky on being able to get what I needed. I did have to figure out how to mount the speaker grills back on the seat after the little retaining tabs broke. Also had to make a new mounting scheme for the upper dash pad when I removed that one too...been getting pretty good with J-B weld...lol. All part of the process when things aren't available. I think maintaining these will become more and more fabrication and kit car skills as we go forward. Still happy to have it in the garage!

Gary

Welcome Aboard

Welcome to The Site. :wave: Nice! A "V". Wanted a V in Gold Mist when I bought mine. Hmmm? Never made a V in Gold Mist I found out. Don't know why? Anyone have the answer to this question (?) please weigh in. Like you, we are also in "Winter". Have had lots and lots of snow here this year. In the past week right at 2 feet. Ugh. "Gold Beauty" is ensconced under her soft car cover. Occasionally go out and start her, do a 'run in'. Move her a bit. Run her in gear to circulate trans fluid, and also turn the AC up to Max to circulate the refrigerant and keep the seals lubed. --- The later seems a bit stupid sometimes when it's - 10*. --- Yet, we know that 'eventually' Summer is coming!
Again, Welcome!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back