Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

NEW OWNER TO 2004 XLR NEIMAN MARCUS EDITION

2004 XLR NM 101

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR NEIMAN MARCUS 101/101
I first saw this car 8 years ago and fell in love with it then. I have only seen it a couple of times since but dreamed of owning one of these some day. Well, that some day came this last weekend Sun October 14th 2018, when I went to see one for sale with my husband and friend.
It had damage to the 1/4 panel which will need to be replaced as well as the rt tail light. Since we are a body shop, and the 1/4 panel was still available from the dealer, we knew we could fix it. The car was in pristine condition otherwise and was the last one made of the Neiman Marcus edition. I feel very lucky and excited to be a new owner of this ELITE, Head turning car.
SOOO, with all that said, I am in the market for a RT side tail light. If anyone has one for sale, or is willing to trade for body work/paint, let me know. We have been in business for many years and paint many dealers cars as well as do insurance work.
I will post pictures of my car when we get the quarter panel finished.
Thank you for reading
Debbie

Congratulations!

Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your tail light search! Great advice and technical knowledge is always just around a corner here.
:wave:

Look on EBay

There's several listed on EBay for sale. Just be sure you're sitting down when you look them up!

Welcome !

Hi Debbie,

Great that you found one that is pristine and repairable. That is a rare one! Again, Congrats and Welcome To The XLR Forum. :thumbsup

Debbie, how is the progress on #101 coming along? Would love to see some pic's. Good to know that another one survived. I'm enjoying the heck out of #33 now that all the hydraulic cylinders for the top are in great working order!

Hi everyone-I hope you all are enjoying this great weather. Well, I'm in California so the weather here is amazing. Just wanted to give a long overdue update. I have driven my car very little beings the tail light was out and searching for one has been very frustrating to say the least. SOOooo, I've decided to buy one of these cars from an auction through our business so I can get my tail light. It just made better sense. I will be selling off all the parts in the car with the exception of the rt tail light, catalytic converters and whatever harness or module that makes the convertible work. All other lamps and body parts will be available. The car will arrive tues July 16th so if possible, I would like to post pictures and offer great prices to members---Not Ebay Prices!!! We are a body shop, so if you are local and need a body part "paint to match" we can do that as well at a great price.
Well, until next week, take care and enjoy
Debbie Picon

Hi again Debbie,

Wow! How considerate and proactive of you. "Where there's a will there's a way" comes to mind. ;) So far I haven't needed to replace any body parts on mine except for the High Mount Brake Light (which was a story unto itself, before the aftermarket ones became available). Your approach and offering to help other Members is just to darn cool.

Best Wishes,
Charles

Last edited:
cnc . why do people call the trunk brake light an aftermarket. because they sell them on ebay? its a Gm item sold thru Gm dealers and has the GM part number replaced by the new ac delco number. Made In Mexico on the ones I have just like the ones that came on the car. I have bought a couple from the dealer and also from rock auto. same part.

I guess I "assumed" the new High Mount ones now available are "aftermarket". Oops. : ) When I got my car someone had opened the trunk deck lid up into something and had cracked it. At that time the replacement ones were not available. Very minor crack. I then ordered one that appeared to be pristine from a salvage yard in Wisconsin for $125.00. Turned out that the salvage one had gotten filled with water somehow and had fried the internals. Unfortunately I had already sold my cracked one to Danny in Chicago and had shipped it to him. Someone had rear ended him at a stop light. His insurance company, unable to get parts to fix his car, totaled it. He bought it back from them and was repairing it himself. --- I ended up shipping the Junk Yard replacement to a rebuilder in Tennessee. He said he'd rebuild it for $275.00. Called me and told me he couldn't get the internal parts needed. So I bought Danny's wrecked one from him in Chicago for $50.00 and he shipped it to Tennessee. Walla, after $450.00 got it back in beautiful rebuilt condition (not one blemish and worked great). Installed it and works great. Rebuilder did an superb job.

A few months later the new ones as previously discussed became available. Ugh. Oh well.

Best wishes,
Charles

Last edited:
oh .OK. sad story but thanks for sharing. I think they are like other parts Gm stops making and then starts over again. The top control module being one. The body control modules have been discontinued and brought back at least 3 or 4 times over the last couple of years. I do strongly believe they are gone for good now. I had just seen several post over time about the aftermarket lights and I think it was because some resellers found them new at Gm when rereleased and started selling them on ebay for about 50% more than they list for from GM. I think t hey are about 140 (best price found) at present

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom