Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Warning! On my Wish List,,,,

pure zen

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl XLR
The-New-2019-2020-Cadillac-CT8-Front-View.jpg

But judging by XLR experience,,,wonder if headlights and tail-lights will be available down the road after a few years?

The-New-2019-2020-Cadillac-CT8-Front-View.jpg

But judging by XLR experience,,,wonder if headlights and tail-lights will be available down the road after a few years?

Funny, I’ve been considering an ATS base coupe to replace my daily driver & had the same wonder about parts availability, since the ATS is being discontinued & my daily driver usually lasts 5-7 years ...

Was going to buy an ATS-V sedan until I found out they were going to discontinue them, along with the CTS! and thought to myself, why do I want three discontinued Cadillacs. That's when I bought the Z06! Seems like Cadillac and Ford think everyone wants SUV's or crossovers, not sedans or coupes.

Funny, I’ve been considering an ATS base coupe to replace my daily driver & had the same wonder about parts availability, since the ATS is being discontinued & my daily driver usually lasts 5-7 years ...

Seems like Cadillac and Ford think everyone wants SUV's or crossovers, not sedans or coupes.

Agree,,,, think it's a mistake to discontinue sedans and coupes, and have tunnel vision for SUV'S and crossovers only. I understand that FORD controls the truck market, but Henry Ford is rolling over in his grave over the family sedan discontinuation factor.

Cubby, I’d wondered what happened with the ATS-V & you - now I know ...

I read an op-ed recently in one of my husband’s many car magazines (maybe Road & Track or Car & Driver) that once Ford sold off Jaguar, Volvo etc., they didn’t have the portfolio of brands to pull in enough money to help fund building sedans. So, they had to “overprice” Tauruses etc. at $40k, which meant they weren’t going to sell, & so that is why they dropped them. Basically not some kind of great foresight for the future but a disaster of their own making, with the writer predicting this may ultimately put Ford in bail out land.

That’s my not so great summary of someone else’s opinion off the top of my head. The biggest take away was this problem was a long time in the making and is not likely to turn out well, background info I hadn’t seen before.

I’m waiting to see what Cadillac’s new president might do with design & pricing. Beyond that I’m not too thrilled with the wave of turbos all the manufacturers are doing, because I’d burn that type of engine up quick.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom