Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

PA15-VETTE

If you are referring to the PAL unit, I don't believe it will. Someone has already inquired or tried it.

Will the PA15-VETTE work on our cars? Thanks- Mitch

I have confirmed with Ray Kawal that it does not work- real bummer! But I am going to purchase the AUX-2 input that he sells-- that does work with our cars. I am hoping someone on here has installed one- and can let me know the ups and downs of it.

Thanks Mitch

He has tried both the PAL original and PAL 2?

I have confirmed with Ray Kawal that it does not work- real bummer! But I am going to purchase the AUX-2 input that he sells-- that does work with our cars. I am hoping someone on here has installed one- and can let me know the ups and downs of it.

Thanks Mitch

I was the XLR guinea pig for Ray a few years ago and mine is working great still. Your 07 should be quick and easy. By now, Ray's AUX input systems are pretty much plug and play.

Successfully installed

I successfully installed the PA-11 VETTE nearly a year ago - as far as I can tell there is no difference to the PA-15.

I then used the the aux input to connect to a Rockford Fosgate bluetooth adapter, which plugs into the the power supply in the center console (and also provides a usb outlet). This provides A2DP for bluetooth, although you won't be able to use the vehicles controls for bluetooth functionality. I typically just listen to an old ipod that I leave in the center console hooked up directly to the PA-11. It basically functions as a hard drive head unit now, and all vehicle controls are functional.

One quirk with the system, other than poor readability of track information, the only way I was able to switch between playlists is by using the "Disc 1 - 6" button on the steering wheel. I can provide other installation and usage advice if needed, but you can work through the install guide and it's broken English. I would also advise to be very careful about the location of your wiring, as you are in close proximity to the "folding top storage closeout panel" - the interior flap - and its moving linkages.

Greg

I installed a USA-SPEC PA-15 VETTE unit in my car to connect my iPod to and it works very well. It was a relatively easy install and I ran the iPod connection to the center console. I used double-side tape to secure the control box to the passenger side roll bar. You use the XM1 band on the factory radio and you can still use the steering wheel controls. However, since this was made for a Corvette there are some quirks. For instance, I was never able to reprogram the P1 thru P6 buttons on the radio like you can on a Corvette. That’s not a big deal though since those functions can be accessed more quickly on the iPod itself. The connector is made for the older iPods that use a 30-pin connection. To use a newer iPod that has the Lightning connector you will need to purchase an Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter. I recommend getting the one that has the 0.2 meter cable attached. These can still be found on eBay although they are relatively expensive.
(Note: The Lightning connector on this adapter is slightly larger than normal. If you have a protective case on your iPod you may need to trim the case to allow the Lightning connector to be fully inserted.)

Attachments

• ED87C0F5-323B-4E38-A808-148C5DB89E39.jpeg
    ED87C0F5-323B-4E38-A808-148C5DB89E39.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC