Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Part needed for trunk lid of 2009 XLR-V

CMain

My XLR/V(s)
2009 xlr-v
I am looking for GM part # 10346849. It is some type of rubber bumper stop.

not going to find any. They have been discontinued for a long time. They get soft and the rubber dissolves. People on the internet claim to have them and show them but no one has them i can guarantee. One member said he 3d printed some but never got back to show them or sell them so I doubt they worked.> I found another one that t would work years ago but I needed 15$ each for them as they need work to make them fit properly and people said I was ripping them off as the proper one listed for about 3$ when you could get them, so I dropped selling them. Hope you find something that will work and if you do please share as a bunch of XLR cars need them. If you go to remove them they will get all over you and the goo is very hard to get off your hands ,

not going to find any. They have been discontinued for a long time. They get soft and the rubber dissolves. People on the internet claim to have them and show them but no one has them i can guarantee. One member said he 3d printed some but never got back to show them or sell them so I doubt they worked.> I found another one that t would work years ago but I needed 15$ each for them as they need work to make them fit properly and people said I was ripping them off as the proper one listed for about 3$ when you could get them, so I dropped selling them. Hope you find something that will work and if you do please share as a bunch of XLR cars need them. If you go to remove them they will get all over you and the goo is very hard to get off your hands ,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. One of mine essentially disintegrated in my hand creating a gooey mess. The other one fell off and I tried to preserve it, thinking maybe I can make one somehow. Every site I look at lists them as discontinued. So everything you mentioned is what I have experienced. I wonder what will happen if I drive my car without them. Will it create a problem?

no problem. The trunk may just close a little to far and not align with the 1/4 panels plus it may rattle if you hit a bump.

Thank you. I would certainly appreciate it if you find the part or can figure out a good way to make the part.

they most likely will be in the same shape as the ones you have but That is a very good dealer to deal with. Bypass ones in NC

Call and ask to speak to Shane at Elite auto parts located in Long Lake Minnesota . He should have what your looking for
Shane came through with two for me which he says look fairly good. He's shipping them today. I hope they're the right thing. Thanks for the help.

hope you did better than me. I found a set new at a dealer and bought them .I did not notice until I got them they charged me 40$ freight and 20$ for the two. They said they had a flat freight charge >I told them I should have added a hood with the order so I got a deal on freight. If someone needs this pair I am open to offers or I will just use them one day

hope you did better than me. I found a set new at a dealer and bought them .I did not notice until I got them they charged me 40$ freight and 20$ for the two. They said they had a flat freight charge >I told them I should have added a hood with the order so I got a deal on freight. If someone needs this pair I am open to offers or I will just use them one day
Hello Mickeytee. Hugh up here in cold Canada. Where exactly do I find these rubber pieces on my trunk ? I will then check mine and if I need them I will take the two you have if you give me a price and to ship to Canada. Thanks Hugh

yours may be ok . Open the trunk and they are underside at each corner near the bottom of the trunk. when you open and look next to the taillight you will see a metal bracket that is hidden by the trunk and has an oval hole in it. thats where the rubbers fit the body. If you just see a metal stud then the rubber is gone .It should have a 1/2 inch cone shaped rubber on them.

yours may be ok . Open the trunk and they are underside at each corner near the bottom of the trunk. when you open and look next to the taillight you will see a metal bracket that is hidden by the trunk and has an oval hole in it. thats where the rubbers fit the body. If you just see a metal stud then the rubber is gone .It should have a 1/2 inch cone shaped rubber on them.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Just went out to garage and mine seem just fine. Do you put anything on them to keep them pliable or do you just cross your fingers and hope for the best ?

they are weird. they will just at some point dissolve and turn to mush. unknown why . When they do they get really gooey and get on anything they touch and they dont come off easy at all..

Thank you. I will keep an eye on them. Perhaps it only happens to you folks in warmer climates. Today it is -30 here in the Muskoka area. Regards Hugh

Hello Mickeydee. I would like to secure these two from you. It would require shipping up here to Canada. Will pay by VISA or Paypal or send you a check. You set the price. Let me know and thanks. Hugh Reid

I have 4 of the trunk bumpers--GM part #10346849 in the original bags. Will sell for $50.00. Will ship them USPS priority mail. Email ssfarms1@hotmail.com

Attachments

• Bumpers.JPG
    Bumpers.JPG
    422.1 KB · Views: 97

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics