Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Power seats

Dwolf

Account Suspended
My XLR/V(s)
Black 2009 XLR platinum
What is the tan bag under the seats? I assume it has something to do with lumbar support? What is the purpose in the magnetic thing attached to one of the seat rails on both seats? Theres an added on piece of metal on same rail that passes through this magnetic deal when seat moves firward or backwards. i discovered these when i had to remove drivers seat to repair wiring harness.
after repairing harness i reinstalled seat,now theres a problem,it is very limited in forward and backward movement. I removed passenger seat to compare the two hoping to discover the issue. I found out that i had put a couple of bolts in that were to long and were tightened into the screw shaft that turns causing seat to move. There are two short bolts about mid way of seat tracks on bothe sides of seat, the side that has the magnetic thing has to bolts that are skightly longer that the bolts on opposite side of the seat. I hope im not confusing in my explination. These 4 bolts im refering to are what you would have to remove inorder to remove seat if theres no power to seat to move it to get to the 4nuts that hold seat legs to floor. The 4 bolts im referring to are about mid way down seat track. I found out one side has 2bolts slightly shorter that the other side. I wasnt awear there was a difference and installed a ****t one and longer one on each side.i have corrected this, the longer bolts go on the side with magnetic thing,this side has two metat pieces that bolt on sest track requiring the longer bolts.
Im trying to figure out what could be limiting the movement of drivers seat as i am 6’4” snd need all the leg room i can get. I havr looked for damaged threads, didnt see any, i tried moving seat back n forth many timrs hoping it might start working correctly,even put preasure on the seat in both directions as the seat moved hopind to help it move further,neither helped.anyone have a clue what might be keeping the seat from moving the full distance? I compaired both seats and could see nothing different in the seat tracks that would cause hang up. There are a lot of differences in the two seat bases as far as electrical wiring as drivers seat has memory function.
every thing works on both seats with exception of lumbar functions, might be s fuze sense its both seats, ive not tried the air condition part,i no the heater functions work. Sorry this is such a long post. Im hoping that i rxplained everything well enough to understand. Wish i had taken pics. If i need to i can do this later. Thank you for all your help in afvance. This site rocks, i have solved many issues by teading post.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom