Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

procedure for changing out the orange daytime running lights/turn signals.

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey

Trying to get things straightened out. Just got the LED bulbs recommended .... So what is the procedure for changing out the orange running/directional signal bulbs on the XLR? I was told that the wheel needs to be removed and the headlight must come out. Huh??? Am finding that hard to believe. Had planned to do the switch out this weekend.

Bill

Dd you find this thread?: LED Turn Signals/DRLs. Good write up that we used.

P.S., no findy OEM radio yet

Dd you find this thread?: LED Turn Signals/DRLs. Good write up that we used.

P.S., no findy OEM radio yet

Thanks!!!! Excellent write up for sure.......

I have read here recently regarding the bulbs, that sometimes the resistor addition is not required. Sure would be nice to know if that is the case with my car. Buying the resistor kits, just to have "in case" is a cost that would be nice not to incur if, in the end, I find they are not needed. Any way to confidently predict whether a particular car will need them ?

Bill

The purpose of mounting the resistors outside of the headlight housing is to have the heat dissipated away from the headlight to prevent further crazing. Just buying an LED with the resistor mounted into the socket I’m not sure achieves that result. In any case, the resistance of the LED lights is not sufficient and the BCM reads it as a burned out bulb and hyper flashes to let the driver know that there is a problem to be remedied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my bulbs are just regular led and do not have a resistor i nthe mand they do not get hot. they work fine and do not flash faster than the factory bulbs. The riesistors that some use are a lot of heat and can melt thinks if not properly mounted o na heat shrink and away fro manything that will catch fire. I will stick with the bulb arrangement I have .There is zero heat on the bulb and socket . I think some peoples problems are on the 04 and 05 that did not get the update socket from GM. They had a problem and a recall to install a newer socket. You can tell if you got it by seeing the wires with a pinkish butt connector on them. Some people said it moved the bulb back from the lens but I have not seen that. Its just a new socket as the heat melted the original ones. However you do it . it will pretty much stop further deterioration.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom