Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Raio/CD display with crest and wreath

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey ,

After you have the radio playing or a CD playing, is there a button that can be pushed or combo of buttons or some other trick so that the display defaults to just that blank screen with the crest and wreathe in the center??

Bill

Hey ,

After you have the radio playing or a CD playing, is there a button that can be pushed or combo of buttons or some other trick so that the display defaults to just that blank screen with the crest and wreathe in the center??

Bill

Yes you can ......but you need someone with a better memory than me! I never remember how to do that as it only bothers me at night, then generally Steve does it as generally I am driving: and he does not remember either. Someone on hear will tell you how! :burnout: BTW Greetings from the other coast of Florida: Port Charlotte. Down here for the winter and brought my XLR!

Last edited:
Help please!

Hey XLR community: we need help here! Bill was asking about having the Crest & Wreath on display when the radio is playing. I am fairly sure it was something I had experienced before ..... but maybe I am wrong? I just spent a half hour going thru my owners manual and found nothing.

Can we punch some buttons to turn off the main display when traveling with the radio on? (or was this my imagination or poor memory?) We can use some help please!

Well this thread has had a ton of views but NO COMMENTS.... I am guessing that this can NOT be done and it was my imagination and just a dream of having for Bill S ???
1 - Click DISLIKE if you have never seen done it or CAN'T do it ......
2 - Click LIKE if you thought it could do it too but don't know how or ....
3 - Better yet COMMENT and TELL US HOW!

Well this thread has had a ton of views but NO COMMENTS.... I am guessing that this can NOT be done and it was my imagination and just a dream of having for Bill S ???
1 - Click DISLIKE if you have never seen done it or CAN'T do it ......
2 - Click LIKE if you thought it could do it too but don't know how or ....
3 - Better yet COMMENT and TELL US HOW!

Or 4 - Don’t have the OEM radio in the car anymore!

In all seriousness, I don’t remember seeing the wreath & crest unless the radio was off. Maybe you’re thinking of threads on the Kenwood you can put in? Some people put the wreath & crest as a wallpaper on those.

Hey

I had been in my X on three occasions in which the radio and or XM was playing and the Wreath was all that was displaying. I adjusted the volume via steering wheel or knob and was able to navigate stations via the steering wheel. I do not know how that condition was initiated and Gray was kind enough to try and figure it out with me. In any event, that condition is possible. I have seen it. Just can not recall how I got to it.

Bill

If you do not "accept" the Nav. caution screen, it will eventually turn off and display only that wallpaper. I don't know if there is another way to get there.

Hey

Thanks... I think that "must" have been the way it had occurred in my car then.

Bill

Since I don't have my XLR-V any longer, I can't go out and test this, but I seem to remember there is a button just below the Tune/Seek button. If you press that I think it will display the wreath and crest on the screen.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom