Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

RE-INDEXING WINDOWS

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
How do I re-index the windows so they close that last little bit when I close the door(s) ??

Put the window down and hold the button for 5 seconds and then put it up and hold the button for 5 seconds. That should do it. You do know your windows need to be indexed to operate the top.
John F.

Both sides or just the driver’s window???

Thanks in advance...............

Thanks, did it and learned it has to be done on the driver door for the passenger side. It wouldn't work when I did the passenger side on the passenger door, so I went to the driver door and redid the passenger side and it did! Now I made a note of that proceedure, and put it in my Owner 's Manual!

So you have made a note in your owners manual about the procedure for indexing your windows. Well my question is why didn't you look in your owners manual to begin with and save these posts.
John F.

After the battery was changed in my 2004 I re-indexed the windows and the trunk worked and the top not secure warning went away. After I opened and closed the trunk the top not secure warning is up again and the top will not move. Am I doing something wrong?

Vic2004, Probably not. Disconnect your battery, wait 5 minutes , reconnect your battery and go through the process again. These cars have gremlins and you never know what's going to happen next.
John F.

Speaking for myself, I appreciate these posts...
My owners manual is missing, the previous owner copied most if it, I assume off the net. Some sections are missing (section 1.)
I read what I have and saw no mention of indexing the windows, saw something about it in another thread, looked and found it here.
Very helpful, and thank you!
At first I was worried about what would happen if I changed the battery. Now I'm just worried I'll forget.
Are there other items that need to be reset if the battery goes dead or is disconnected/changed?

For whatever it is worth. Everyone needs to stop and smell the roses. We are all frustrated with this pandemic closing down the world as we have known it. People are getting nasty instead of trying to be kind and helpful. Remember all are not blessed in the same manner with their training/experience of any type of car let alone our quirky XLR.s. Bluebeast

Speaking for myself, I appreciate these posts...
My owners manual is missing, the previous owner copied most if it, I assume off the net. Some sections are missing (section 1.)
I read what I have and saw no mention of indexing the windows, saw something about it in another thread, looked and found it here.
Very helpful, and thank you!
At first I was worried about what would happen if I changed the battery. Now I'm just worried I'll forget.
Are there other items that need to be reset if the battery goes dead or is disconnected/changed?

Both sides or just the driver’s window???

Thanks in advance..Both sides other night I had the cd playr on too ong , battery wend dead. Charged it Now i put windows down 1 @ a time , held down buton 6 seconds. The left goes up all but 1/8", passd. side only goes up 1/3rd??............

From my 2006 XLR Owners manual:
1607286069443.png

TomP, That's not how I Initialze my windows. I raise the window and hold the button for 3 seconds when it's finished going up. Then I lower the window and hold for 3 second when it's down. done.
John F.

No worries. I am not defending the owners manual, just sharing what it says for the 2006 model year. Variations on these instructions might work, but this is what Caddy specifically says to do. I don't see any other instances of instructions on how to do this elsewhere in the manual.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom