Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Recmoving exhaust,mufflers

Dwolf

Account Suspended
My XLR/V(s)
Black 2009 XLR platinum
Removing exhaust,mufflers

I’m wanting to remove the exhaust on my 09 XLR, it bolts on just infront of rear axil, i got one side lose but can not get it over rear axil, taken it loose front the other part causes it to be jamed so far to the rear that i cant move it. Surely i wont have to cut the mufflers off to renove the rear section? Appears its all one piece, mufflers included. I want to see what it would sound like with out the mufflers,way to quite with them. If i dont like muffler delet, ill proceed from there. I have one side loose allowing exhaust to by pass muffler, doesnt sound bad but i want both side to be the same. Has anyone ran straight pipes? And do you like the sound?

Muffler delete

sooo...
how does it sound ????
Sounds like a beast. I am amazed at how good it sounds. At hiway speeds, when i whip out to pass another vehicle,its an angry beast, wouldnt suprise me if it actually scared the xxxxx out of someone caught off guard. Everyone thats heard it says same thing, cutting mufflers off was a good choice. could be because of the awesome sound, but id swear it picked up a few horsepower. When i get a chance ill post a video with the sound.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom