Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Reprogram Tool

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
What do they call the tool that is used to reprogram all the electronics?? It is inserted somewhere under the dash in the area where the HOOD OPENER IS.Can they be purchased? At what Cost? Where can they be purchased?

"Reprogram all the Electronics" could mean your asking about a "Reflash" which resets all the setpoints back to factory and/or adds any updates. Depending on where you are, $100-$250.
Or, are you are looking for a Tech2 Tool for yourself?
Either connects under the dash called the OBD2 port. There are Programmers and Scanners. Costs and Functions vary greatly. Tech2 Programming is a tricky task on any car, but the XLR is even more specific. But can be used to adjust cooling fan settings, shift points and such. It can also tell you of any codes that are set, pending and clear them. I haven't used one, only commenting on from what I've read from others.
Scanner is used to read any codes, clear check engine light and thats about it.
Hope this helps.

What do they call the tool that is used to reprogram all the electronics?? It is inserted somewhere under the dash in the area where the HOOD OPENER IS.Can they be purchased? At what Cost? Where can they be purchased?
I've used original gm tech and the supposed knock of. Both work fine . You can get the aftermarket one for under 300. On eBay. I purchased both of mine from there. The port is beneath steering column. You will also need the gm card which is about $32.00
Ebay also. Still learning but have made good progress. Relearned top successful. One of the tricky ones. Call me if you like. I'm a junkie for this car.

I've used original gm tech and the supposed knock of. Both work fine . You can get the aftermarket one for under 300. On eBay. I purchased both of mine from there. The port is beneath steering column. You will also need the gm card which is about $32.00
Ebay also. Still learning but have made good progress. Relearned top successful. One of the tricky ones. Call me if you like. I'm a junkie for this car.
904-607-9264 mike
received_2221148741468442.jpeg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry