Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

RF Frequencies and Fobs

lat0403

My XLR/V(s)
So as some back story, there's one of those electronic signs where I work and it interferes with my fob so I have to park in back or it's a major pain to deal with. I've just accepted that's the way it is and there's nothing anybody can do about it. But we have a customer who also drives an XLR (I don't know the year) and she was just in the shop. She parked right next to the sign and when she left, she got right in, started it up and drove off before it even dawned on me to warn her. Is this something tied to my individual car and could be changed or did she somehow just get really lucky? Because there have been many, many times that I've forgotten about it and pulled right up to the front door on nights or weekends and last time it happened I had to unplug the sign to get my door to even open. It would be great if it could somehow be changed.

Cadillac changed the design of the fobs in 2008 I believe, maybe it's more resistant to outside interference. Could it be your customer has a later model than your 2005?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom