Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

ROOF & DOOR ISSUE NEED ADVICE

TOM 2006 XLR

My XLR/V(s)
2006 BLACK RAVEN XLR
Hi all, I have 2 new issues with my car.

1 - can't open passenger door without having window fully down.

2 - my hardtop recently acted up when closing it. It took forever to close. Also when I open the trunk it opens right away but when pushing the button to close it it , it makes a sound for about 3 seconds like its trying to close then it closes perfectly.

While I'm at it I also have 3 other issues

1 - gas tank sensor

2 - left tail light has 3 bulbs out

3 - trunk lid brake light has 4 lights out

4 - a small tear in the passenger seat bottom cover

5 - drivers upper seat cover has a worn area on it

SOOOOOOOOOO - I'm looking to fix all items and hoping you all can help in anyway you can. looking forward to any response on any of these items.

ty in advance , tom

btw I love my XLR and drive it daily

All your questions are answered in very extensive threads already on the site. Try the "search forum" menu near the upper right of the forum.

All your questions are answered in very extensive threads already on the site. Try the "search forum" menu near the upper right of the forum.

ON A ROLL SO FAR FROM YOUR ADVICE, FOUND A NEW LEFT TAIL LIGHT FOR $5000 , WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

GM has the upper trunk brake light available for $178. I'm buying it. FYI, they have a lot available if you need one.

There is a company in California that will fix any XLR tail light for $550, you can find them on EBAY ( I will post their cont info on a new post for all ). A new one when it was available listed at $758. The whores who bought them are asking $5000 plus shipping ( hope they get stuck with them ), I would never pay that ransom ( AZZHOLES TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE !!!!!! ).

I have a full warranty until October 2022 or 150k miles on the odometer ZERO DEDUCTIBLE WHICH CAN BE TRANSFERRED WHEN I SELL THE CAR. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will take my car to get the roof & door fixed. I'm also taking it to get the sensor in gas tank fixed ( part cost new $30 / Labor - 10 hours ( approximately $2000 ) - sucks that cadillac & gm left us with this problem when there was a tech advisory put out on this !!!!!!!!

I see NOTHING IN OLD TREADS CONCERNING SEAT COVERS - INFORM ME PLEASE IF I'M MISSING IT !!!!!

I have been looking into seat covers but OEM isnt available and replacement are custom made @ $1000 each.

what color .there are few new cushions still available in tan. Not sure of the years they changed in 06 somehow. Very hard to find the material with the tiny hole spacing. There is a company in Texas looking at making the cushions a lot lot cheaper than custom. They already make most of the caddy line

Who dyed it for you? Is the cover for 2004-5 different from 2006?

Last edited:
Whats the name of the Company thats wanting to make seat covers for XLR's.

what color .there are few new cushions still available in tan. Not sure of the years they changed in 06 somehow. Very hard to find the material with the tiny hole spacing. There is a company in Texas looking at making the cushions a lot lot cheaper than custom. They already make most of the caddy line

I will look. They are not wanting to make them > I am trying to get them to make them. May require a certain number to get the ball rolling. ido think they changed the covrs in 06 or 07 . they show different part numbers

I will look. They are not wanting to make them > I am trying to get them to make them. May require a certain number to get the ball rolling. ido think they changed the covrs in 06 or 07 . they show different part numbers

I'm in on a group order, keep me updated

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back