Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Roof top latch does not release

Grocery-Gtr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Xenon Blue, I call "Blue Thunder."
My roof top latch does not release when opening the hardtop. It may be because the ground isn't level where the problem began. I thought about using an T wrench to unlock it and then cycle it cycle it open/close. Do I have to or should I open the pressure relief valve to do so????

if you hear the pump run it may be a leak in the line or cylinder .your car is known for that line to leak and flood the headliner. I would manual open and close it a couple of times to make sure the latch is not in a bind

if you hear the pump run it may be a leak in the line or cylinder .your car is known for that line to leak and flood the headliner. I would manual open and close it a couple of times to make sure the latch is not in a bind
Roger.... A look at the reservoir will answer that question. Thanks........

So roof top latch does release and see the pump trying to raise the roof, but something is not releasing. No pump or line leaks. Tried to do a manual retraction, but something is not allowing the roof to move. I noticed that there is a small gap between the driver side rear and main window (see picture). I realize that the window is up, but is this a sign of misalignment affecting the roof top sequence?

Attachments

• window gap_LI (2).jpg
    window gap_LI (2).jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 121

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics