Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Run Flats for the V

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey

OK can someone please post the brand /model of a run flat tire for a V ? Been following the threads here and each time I go to look , there is not availability in the V size, for example continental, Driveguard, Michelin......

Bill

Gary,
The Eufori’s have been discontinued for quite some time and if you are on the original set they are at least 10 years old and should be changed regardless of tread wear. The V wheels are the same size with staggered size tires mounted front and rear. The 255/40R19 will fit both front and back and you will then be able to rotate the tire’s normally by going the same size. Pirelli does show some runflats in that size in both performance and all season ratings. The other option is going with non fun flats and relying on AAA etc. for any issues with flats.
:)

Mine has the Pirelli Eufori@ run flats

Gary

for the extra cost of the run flats , most of my friends just run a regular performance tire. You will have to bu ya new run flat if you drive it with low pressure so all you are saving is a drive to the tire store. AAA and tow plus a tire would be cheaper if you have a flat ever year. Plus to me with a 45 or 40 series tire I like the little more flex In the sidewall that you do not get with a runflat.

I am running the Bridgestone Drive Guard run flats on my 06' base XLR.

I have the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR model on a base XLR. I believe it’s an OEM tire for Mercedes. No complaints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Run flats for the base XLR are not an issue, there are options for the 18" wheels, but not the case for the 19" V wheels.

I am running the Bridgestone Drive Guard run flats on my 06' base XLR.

I have the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR model on a base XLR. I believe it’s an OEM tire for Mercedes. No complaints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Cub

Exactly the focus of my original thread here . "please post the brand /model of a run flat tire for a V ?"

Bill

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry