Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Save the date - 11/12 fall drive & lunch in Hampton Roads

XLRATING

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)
Attention Hampton Roads XLR owners (& anyone else who wants to show up!) - we're planning a fall drive on Saturday, Nov. 12, along with lunch hosted by our dealer, Suttle Motors. Stay tuned & I'll post details as we get them worked out. And pray hard for a nice dry day on the 12th...

Many thanks to Suttle for offering to host this event. We're fortunate to have a fantastic dealer!

Where is Hampton Roads?

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Where is Hampton Roads?

Ha, that's why the locals hate that Post Office designation! It's Tidewater/"Coastal Virginia." Suttle Motors is in Newport News, Va. so the drive will be somewhere around that area.

Thanks for asking & helping me realize I wasn't being super clear. :thumbsup

P.S. - it's very far away from St. Louis!

Thanks... I buy my cars for the sheer experience of driving them. I used to have a Pontiac Solstice and in a car club with them. I drove from Seattle to Phoenix for a meet. Won a trophy for longest distance driven.

Thanks... I buy my cars for the sheer experience of driving them. I used to have a Pontiac Solstice and in a car club with them. I drove from Seattle to Phoenix for a meet. Won a trophy for longest distance driven.

It would be worth the drive just to meet XLRATING and VICTOR-V!

It would be great but too far for 1 day.

Here are the details of the drive: meet up at Suttle Motors in Newport News, Va. at around 10 am 11/12. We'll take a drive through Williamsburg, then get on Colonial Parkway & head towards Jamestown, then loop back through Yorktown & Route 17 back to Suttle, where we'll have lunch. IF YOU'LL BE JOINING US FOR LUNCH YOU MUST RSVP! That will let the dealership know how much food to get - they are very kindly footing the bill so let's be polite about it. Please PM me if you want RSVP info. Hope to see you there!

It would be great but too far for 1 day.

I know our event is too far for a day trip, but the Midwest folks have lots of get-togethers that are closer your way. Hopefully you can catch up with one of those!

We're pretty much all set for this - so far are expecting 7-9 XLR's. Unfortunately, probably not a good top down day since the high is only going to be 50, but at least no rain & the leaves are hitting peak color. :thumbsup Looking forward to it!

Sure to be a good time for you folks!

You do have an excellent dealer. I am fortunate in that area as well.

Please take lots of photos and share them with us. :thumbsup

We had a fantastic day for a fall drive & 7 XLR's came along for the drive & lunch. A couple of brave (& bearded!) souls even put their top down. One fellow had lived in Italy for 3 years & had his V shipped there & back. :thumbsup Said all the Ferrari guys wanted his car (probably because he showed us pictures of Ferraris in his side view mirror; he had nice engine compartment dress-up pictured below). For those who came on the 2015 Va. Beach/OBX trip, Jean & Nate also showed up for this event, & Ronda led our drive. Hopefully we can do some more get-togethers!

Here we are starting at the dealership, & then at one of the overlooks with a coastal/autumn combo:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 296
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 313
Some more pictures of our fall drive:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 364
Then, back to the dealership for lunch. The V that visited Italy had neat engine compartment treatments, & had red lighting under the hood running up each fender.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 299
Looks like a beautiful day, would have loved to be there too!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom