Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Service Stabletrak error

RonXLR

My XLR/V(s)
2009 XL Platinum
I get this service stabletrak error every one in awhile. Is this a valid problem or is it just a constant reminder that I should have service done on it?
Thanks,
Ron

It feels kinda strange replying to my own post, but if you ever see this message it may mean your brake fluid is low. I added about a third of a small can and so far no traction control message. I also check really well for leaks and found none. Who knows.

Ha. Sounds crazy. But my brake fluid low error started coming on right before the Traction Control error. I had checked the BF and thought it was full. Turns out the inside if the reservoir was stained up to the full mark. Days later I took the cap off and saw it was low.
I wondered if when the BF low light came on it might trigger a Sablitrak error. That's how it turned out. Now the TC error is gone (along with the brake fluid error) and my center console TC button works where it didn't before.
I'll check the air in the tires next time it happens. :)

Not so crazy... I think TC and ABS systems measures manymany times per second, how fast each tire rotates. Less air -smaller diameter -TC or ABS cant understand, why one or more tires rotates now "faster" than before. Some cars like Mini, must re-learn system, when you chance even a bit bigger or smaller tires...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom