Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! SKID PLATE FOR A 2007

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all....Looking for a skid plate...Have been searching but they are non existant Any one have any sources or suggestions..
Thanks as usual to all here ..

Forgive me but more specifically what plate are you looking for? I may have one in Scranton,

Forgive me but more specifically what plate are you looking for? I may have one in Scranton,Hi
Forgive me but more specifically what plate are you looking for? I may have one in Scranton,
hi thanks for the reply...It's the brace under the Radiator that if hit low area it protects it ..interested in purchasing if have one

Would anyone know the difference between Part # 20939829 and # 15916658....Was told by a Dealership that the 15916658 was the proper Skid Plate # for a 2007 Base.. and # 20939829 would not fit..
Bolt configuration would not be the same..
Appreciate any help..

another dealer that does not know what they are talking about. 20939829 fits all xlr and most corvettes. if you buy the aftermarket ones, better and cheaper just do not buy the one with the bolt on center bar. no need to pay the big dealer price when there are better ones out there. Gord told you of a good one . PM me if you have any questions as you want to make sure it has the nut certs in it as you may not have the tool and some of the cheaper aftermarket were welded up incorrectly and were recalled. There are some american made with billet lower that are better than the 500$ GM for less than half the price.

As usual ,thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge and thoughts..
Will check out all suggestions ...

Follow up to my finding a Skid Plate.....Mickeytee, you were right about the dealers not knowing part numbers..Used the one they said was not compatible that I listed in the thread and it is just fine..
Purchased one for $ 150.00...Had it installed....No problem to report ...Back in business
Thanks everyone for your input

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back