Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Something leaking

grahamdell

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR
A little sunshine today in the cloudy northwest so I noticed red dots of liquid on the garage floor just right of XLR's center very near the front. Looks like dripping over a period of time. Feels like transmission fluid but that's in the rear. What could it be. I am taller than six inches so it is difficult looking under the car.

Flux capacitor coolant maybe? Oh wait, those are located behind the drivers seat. First determine the color, brown/black= oil, red=transmission fluid, clear=power steering fluid, green or red with low viscosity=coolant.

So red would be trans fluid, maybe a trans cooler line leak? Have to get it up on a lift to see for sure.

Bingo

Flux capacitor coolant maybe? Oh wait, those are located behind the drivers seat. First determine the color, brown/black= oil, red=transmission fluid, clear=power steering fluid, green or red with low viscosity=coolant.

So red would be trans fluid, maybe a trans cooler line leak? Have to get it up on a lift to see for sure.

That makes a lot of sense. Drips are red and only a little. Gives me a good place to look next it is on a rack. Thanks!

Graham

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back