Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Sound while accelerating?

PillCounter

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Silver XLR
I purchased my XLR about 3 weeks ago and noticed a kind of whinish noise when I accelerate in low gears. There is also a sound like a blocked hose that accompanies this. I am fairly confident this isn't normal, but I am concerned over what it might be since the car has only 23K miles. I still have an active warranty for another week so I definitely want to get this checked out while I can. Also a slight burnt rubber sound occasionally and had some really hot water coming out of the bottom of the car one night, but not sure if this was heated up due to the engine being used/driven.

Any ideas?

too many issues for a 23K mile car, just bought,,,,I'd be skeptical and concerned......

Any ideas?

If you just have one more week of warranty on the car,,,,best make a complete, detailed **list of these possible problems, and return the car to have them checked out and fixed.
Do not accept the car back until all issues are resolved completely, to your satisfaction.

** Make several copies of your list,,,incase the original is 'lost' in the repair process.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom