Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Steering making noise

hawkeye372

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared xlr
I put this in another post under daily chat but after searching more I was able to find this topic area post

Ok I think I know the answer to my problem but will ask here anyway. The last couple days I’ve been hearing this low rumble sound when turning the steering wheel. Thinking it’s something to do with the steering boot seals but don’t know for sure. This just started happening when I turn the wheel when I first start the car up. So is this what what I’m thinking is the steering boot starting to wear out. I’m only 3 k (guessing) away from my next oil change. I have around 56500 miles on my mileage.
I tried to find the post under maintenance but I’m using my Tapatalk app for my phone not my computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other thing to check is your rear differential. Our cars are known to have an issue, mine was more of a clunk when turning. The fix was changing the differential fluid. Haven’t had an issue since changing. At 56k, it would probably be good preventive maintenance to get this done anyway.

One other thing to check is your rear differential. Our cars are known to have an issue, mine was more of a clunk when turning. The fix was changing the differential fluid. Haven’t had an issue since changing. At 56k, it would probably be good preventive maintenance to get this done anyway.

Thought it might be that or something in the steering. But will check on this

Thanks nerkpowers went to my dealership today. Explained situation and yes my service tech guy agreed that it was probably the problem. In and out in about a hr. The service guys weren’t that busy today as I thought today they would be. They repaired what needed to be done. But I’m around $200.00 lighter now. [emoji53] but it could’ve been worse.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back