Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Tail Lights Not Working Completely

Croneology

My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR
I have a 2009 XLR that the driver's side tail lights and part of the driver's side brake light are not illuminated. Does anyone have experience with this problem? If so, what are the next steps?

well there are several ways to correct the problem. Replace the light .(expensive) 2000$ send it to a repair shop to rebuild, one charges 650 and has an excellent record one charges 500-500 and some have had problems He does not rebuild them but just replaces the burned out LED and that can cause others to go out within a year. And there is a member that does his own thing that he swears by putting led strips in the light to replace the factory leds. I am yet to hear of him doing any for anybody .Vetteronics is the best that I know of. the other person is on ebay and is in California.

Thank you for the reply @long Tall Sally. I found the eBay store (Modulerepair) that advertised the repair and will now look into the Vetteronics option. Thanks again!

I have a 2009 XLR that the driver's side tail lights and part of the driver's side brake light are not illuminated. Does anyone have experience with this problem? If so, what are the next steps?

Hi Cron…..

You driving a unsafe XLR and mostly at night.

I have an other way to solve your problem, I made a thread for the good of the XLR owners ( Tail light conception ) just below the present listing, and the 9th one, in technical discussions section.

That tread explain the conception of the tail lights and how to repair it, I did it over a year ago and the lamp is working just fine, contrary as the septic one who is against it, for some unknown reasons.

Enjoy the reading and good luck in your decision.

IAN.:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back