Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
The Drive Against Cancer

02/02/2010 10:05 PM
Keoland.com TV

Thirty-five years ago, John Sweeney fell in love. He admits, she wasn't perfect, but Sweeney knew she had a lot of potential. So he bought her for $1,800.

Obviously, we're not talking about his wife, Mickie. He married her two years later. We're talking about his 1962 Corvette convertible.

"It's really a classic design. I looked at a number of cars and I looked at this one and the price was right so I just got it," John said.

Mickie liked it too. In fact, they had their first date in it.

"Oh, I married him for the car. He's a really cute guy and handsome anyway, but when I saw that car, yeah, I want this guy," Mickie said.

The two always had dreams of restoring the Corvette, but just never seemed to have the money to get it done.

Full Story: News for Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa

What a great way to start my day. Wouldn't that be refreshing on the front page of the paper instead of what we have.
Beautiful people and a beautiful car and a most beautiful story. Thanks for sharing. :)

What a great way to start my day. Wouldn't that be refreshing on the front page of the paper instead of what we have.
Beautiful people and a beautiful car and a most beautiful story. Thanks for sharing. :)

RA you hit it right on the head.

Fred;)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry