Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! The strange rectangular hole beside the Valet Swich?

Als-Garage

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Xenon Blue XLR
Can anyone tell me what the well define rectangular hole beside the glove compartment, beside the Valet Swtch?

If that's the rectangular hole just right of the Valet switch, I guess I am. Ihave not used the hole, but I do have a fob that doesn't work. I will do some searching. Thanks

i have never used that hole either but Ibelieve if you have a dead battery i nthe fob that it will stil lstart tyhe car if inserted into that slot .Also that is where you programe a new fob

I've tried programming a fob using that 5 quick turns of the key in the back bumper process. Didn't work for me. I was warned that after the third try the key will become nonfunctional. I am not sure this is true, but I ended up taking the new fob to the dealer after my second try.

Yes, this key fob programming receptical is covered in your owner's book. It is, as stated above, intended to program an XLR key fob that is "new" to your car--- i.e. a replacement key, so that you can purchase a "non programmed" key, and have your car do the programming. Hope this helps. James

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom