Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

tire replacement

MarioF

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Raven Black on black
hi everyone, im looking to replace the 235/50/18 with wider tires keeping the same mags,,, can i go to a 255/45/18 without having any issues or at least could i do 245/50/18

thanks

Mario

Hey

See your local tire dealer, or go online. There are many self help resources there which can assist you with your question and identify the options available.

Bill

Hey

See your local tire dealer, or go online. There are many self help resources there which can assist you with your question and identify the options available.

Bill
hi Bill, i have been doing that but unsuccessful finding anyone who kept same rims but changed tire size and tire dealers just say to stick with same size tire

235/50/18 is a popular tire size thus low prices and lots of choices / some of the option sizes you might consider like 245/50/18 seem to run 50-75 a tire more . then get into a 255/40 and the prices are even higher .. just keep in mind some sizes will lower your car which I dont think it needs . a wider tire is goingt to need more steering input at low speeds. I personally think the car can use a little taller tire and that they fill the fender openings better with a 1/4 inch to 1/3 inch taller tire. The car still sits low enough
here is a good comparsion you can type in the size tires you want to consider. then look st the price and see if the increase is going to be worth it and what options you have . I run 245/50 18 on one car with no notice of change

Hi mickeytee, thanks for your comments, i made a mistake and replied to you thru my email which was wrong thing to do, glad to hear about the tires, my biggest concern if you experience any rubbings of the tire size 245/50/18

thanks mickeytee

Mario

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry