Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tires

CRRHGR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Black with Shale.
Would like to get Vogue Tires for my 2004 XLR. Current size Michlins P235/50/ZR 18. Very difficult to impossible to get Vogue info here in Canada. Does anyone know if Vogue has a gold/white line tire to fit my car. I also want a softer ride from the run flats. Any info or opinions well be appreciated. Many thanks CRRHGR

I put Vogue Tires on my XLR a number of years ago. They didn't have the yellow line for the car at that time. It had a gold V. I don't like the tires and will replace them with Continentals. They ride hard. I have an XLR-V with the Continentals and it's a much better ride.

Thank you for the reply. Gold line would have looked cool on Black XLR. However I wanted a softer ride than the ride flats. Based on your reply I will keep looking. Any suggestion on a softer ride tire ? 82 Year old here so not chasing Vettes any longer. Merry Christmas. CCRHGR

When you talk soft rides I think Perrelli's . It could be a good choice for me because I don't drive my car a lot and the Perrelli's don't last long because they are soft.

Thank you again beaver. Perrelli's it will be. They will last my life time with the amount of driving I do. I just want a softer ride. Any particular model that you can suggest ? CCRHGR

I can't help you with a model because I have never had Perrelli's mainly because you can't get that many years out of them because they are a soft tire. If you get them please send me a personal message telling me how you like them. I just may go that route as well.

Would like to get Vogue Tires for my 2004 XLR. Current size Michlins P235/50/ZR 18. Very difficult to impossible to get Vogue info here in Canada. Does anyone know if Vogue has a gold/white line tire to fit my car. I also want a softer ride from the run flats. Any info or opinions well be appreciated. Many thanks CRRHGR

I recently bought 4 tires 235x50x18" white walls with the gold stripe from Discount Tire here in Las Vegas Nv. I don't know if they are in Canada but you can call them and they will tell you who is the closest dealer to you. Look up Vogue tires on the internet and they'll have a toll free number. Check my posts in early May of this year and here is some info there that might help you. I was hesitant at first because of the posts that says they are a hard rubber NOT TRUE.. I have put on over 1500 miles since then and they are so soft compare to run flats that is no comparison. Besides believe or not they have gotten softer as the miles increase; I don't expect any more now because they are very comfortable.

Thank you nvme. You have been helpful. I want a softer ride and the Vogue white/gold sure look great. Will search supply here in Canada. Again thanks Hugh

Thank you for input. Will put favorite repair center on project. We will see what comes up. Still considering the Perrellies as well. Hugh

Thank you for input. Will put favorite repair center on project. We will see what comes up. Still considering the Perrellies as well. Hugh
Try vougetyres.com on the internet. There is a form you can fill out under "contact me" which is an email to them and on it you can choose your location which includes Canada. If not they also have a phone number which you call them, that's what I did and they gave me the Discount Tire number.. lol nvme

Last edited:
Try vougetyres.com on the internet. There is a form you can fill out under "contact me" which is an email to them and on it you can choose your location which includes Canada. If not they also have a phone number which you call them, that's what I did and they gave me the Discount Tire number.. lol nvme

I replaced with Bridgestone Run-flats and found the ride to be softer than the OEM boots.
Believe the set at Discount Tire was at $800.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom