Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Tonneau sensor and water drain tube

CathyMorrisette

My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR
Hello everyone!! I bought a 2008 XLR with 59k miles about six weeks ago. LOVE it - I didn't know you can feel this way about a car!!
:cool:

I am having a problem with the convertible top getting stuck going up and down. Where it is getting stuck at seems to be around the tonneau. Where exactly is the tonneau sensor?

Also, I've read there is a drain tube that gets clogged and should be cleaned out periodically. When hurricane Florence came thru, my floor board on the front driver side was wet. The trunk was also wet. Where is this drain tube I've read about?

I am taking it to the Cadillac dealer Monday for a oil change and will ask the mechanic to look at the top, but wanted to find out as much as I can on my own. Thanks for any information you fine folks can provide!!

Not sure about sensors but the drain tube is in the bottom of the left side of the trunk where the pump for the retractable top is located. Keeps water or any other fluids from building up and causing damage to the pump.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Components left well in trunk are fried to some degree water is the worst adversary for these vehicles amongst all others

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back