Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk not "catching" or latching?

Melificent

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Crimson Pearl Red XLR
In what I hope is my final issue (this time), my trunk will not completely close. I was working on the top and apparently did not complete cycle leaving the boot cover in the Up position. After re-indexing the windows, I was hopeful that the trunk issue would resolve, thus allowing the top to completely close, but the trunk will not completely shut. It seems like the hook (?) is not catching in the latch, car was totalled/rear ended/replacement trunk installed, but all worked prior to battery replacement. Is there something I am missing to get the trunk to catch?
Thanks again for all the input - super helpful and appreciated!

The trunk lock is mechanical. Just take a phillips screwdriver and push the latch down. It should latch. Release it with the yellow safety release. It should pop open. if not its damaged and will need replacement. If it works then the trunk lid latch is not adjusted or is bent. A!so the floor where the bottom latch mounts could be bent. Put a piece of tape over the lower latch and a touch of grease on the stricker on the trunk. Ease it down and see where its hitting the lower latch.

The trunk lock is mechanical. Just take a phillips screwdriver and push the latch down. It should latch. Release it with the yellow safety release. It should pop open. if not its damaged and will need replacement. If it works then the trunk lid latch is not adjusted or is bent. A!so the floor where the bottom latch mounts could be bent. Put a piece of tape over the lower latch and a touch of grease on the stricker on the trunk. Ease it down and see where its hitting the lower latch.
Thanks so much! Will try this after my shift and let you know..really appreciate your help!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom