Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Trunk wants to close

CFong

My XLR/V(s)
1G6YV36A875601422
I am relatively new to XLR net. I have a 2007 and I'm having troubles with my trunk staying open. I can open via the interior dash button or the button above the license plate. It opens fully and then immediately starts closing. The local Cadillac dealer says they can't get parts to address this. Any suggestions?

To clarify, does it mechanically cycle and pull itself closed, or does the weight of the trunk lid just close it?

You just need to replace the gas struts that hold it up. They are about $40 from Amazon. Really simple, but you will want someone to help hold it open while you replace them.

You just need to replace the gas struts that hold it up. They are about $40 from Amazon. Really simple, but you will want someone to help hold it open while you replace them.
Thanks. I sourced some from another XLR on Ebay. Good to know for the future.

Thanks. I sourced some from another XLR on Ebay. Good to know for the future.
You are wasting your time and money. Used ones off eBay will cost you more than new and if they do work, it won't be for long. Buy the new ones.get stabilus .that is the supplier to GM and they work great.

My Trunk kept opening at random times then closing. It would also open when I opened the Drivers door! New GM struts may fix yours but I finally just disconnected the battery for 2 weeks. Then hooked it back up. That solved the Trunk and other problems

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom