Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Vehicle flooding

rheavn

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'09 Platinum #787
New to XLR ownership. I have heard of water getting in the trunk area and flooding the roof modules. Not sure if this was just an individual case. If it is an issue to be concerned with, can someone give me a history of this issue? If it is an issue is there a fix?

Thanks in advance................................

your should be fixed .there is a bulletin on a repair from GM do a search trunk water leak repair and it should show some photos of what to look for. ALso se that the lip seal drain under the drivers side rear floor is open and has nothing in it. Many remove it but it will allow a little water to get in from highway spray. But all are subject to the water intrusion you can get when you open a rain soaked trunk and the water runs offand into th carpet. I place an old towel over the module area to monitor if any water is getting in or not. All the cars can get water In the trunks. Check the trunk seal repair first to make sure it has been done. I thought 09 had a new style seal. Part number shows it the same but it could be an upgrade to replace the old ones.

Thanks for the info. I have been reading thru old threads. Mine is not leaking, but want to be aware of potential issues.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom