Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Warning light steady

XLR8

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
My 2005 XLR got a flat battery so I jump started it. After a drive a solid warning light appeared on the left side of the tachometer, can anyone tell me what this warning light is? and also the window doesn't go all the way up automatically when I close the door. Can anyone help me, please?

Cheers
XLR8 :)

Regarding the window, both will need to be re-indexed. Press and hold the window button down and let the window go all the way down and continue to hold the button down for 5 seconds. Now press and hold the window button up and let the window go up completely. Continue holding the button up for 5 seconds. Do this for both windows, as this is also instrumental for the operation of the convertible top. If the windows are not indexed, the top will not operate. As far as the warning light, you don't state which one, there are several, so I can't answer that one.

If it is the check engine light, check your gas cap, it may be lose. There also may be a message on the DIC to tell you what the problem may be.

My 2005 XLR got a flat battery so I jump started it. After a drive a solid warning light appeared on the left side of the tachometer, can anyone tell me what this warning light is? and also the window doesn't go all the way up automatically when I close the door. Can anyone help me, please?

Cheers
XLR8 :)

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry