Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Weather storage-- need advice

James Landi

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 (red) with wire grrile
I've made arrangements for winter storage up here in coastal Maine... unfortunately heated car storage is entirely "booked," so it will be in an unheated facility. I am seeking your advice about storing the Xlr with chemical dehumidifying chemical packages in the trunk, cabin, and engine compartment. Since no electricity is available, do I simply disconnect the negative terminal as is advised in the owner's manual. As always, I deeply respect and appreciate your advice.James

James,

You certainly want to disconnect the battery with no power available to operate a battery tender. I would also be concerned about how cold it will get in the storage unit. You may want to take the battery completely out, to keep it from freezing and store it at home on a battery tender. That way it is fully charged in the spring when you get ready to get the car back out. Remember to leave the hood unlatched or you will need to get into the car via the trunk!

I've made arrangements for winter storage up here in coastal Maine... unfortunately heated car storage is entirely "booked," so it will be in an unheated facility. I am seeking your advice about storing the Xlr with chemical dehumidifying chemical packages in the trunk, cabin, and engine compartment. Since no electricity is available, do I simply disconnect the negative terminal as is advised in the owner's manual. As always, I deeply respect and appreciate your advice.James

Good luck,,,,

Since it will be in storage during a brutal weather environment area,,,I'd put it up on jack sands as well. Also be aware of nesting and wire eating mice/rats.... buy several boxes of D-Con to surround the car. Those little bastards can create major havoc. I agree with pulling the battery, taking home, and putting it on a Battery Tender Plus.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom