Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What can it be?

Crimson Pearl

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl XLR
UPS delivered a large package last week.

What could it be?

The return address was Hit Zone Pro Shop in MN.

It's an Air Force Master Blaster!

I wanted one, but just was too cheap to lay out the $$ that they sell for.:eek:

But I travel a lot for business and accumulate a lot of reward points on one of my credit cards. They have recently allowed you to link those points to Amazon.com to make purchases.

So I linked and purchased it using reward points.

I got the new MB-3CDSWB-30 model, with a 30 foot hose, 4 wheels and bracket to hang the unit on the wall if desired.

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, as I washed Crimson Pearl shortly after returning from the Outer Banks trip.

I'll let you all know how well it works!

Attachments

• MVC-001F.jpg
    MVC-001F.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 286
  • MVC-002F.jpg
    MVC-002F.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 320
  • MVC-003F.jpg
    MVC-003F.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
You'll love it!!! It really helps on drying off the car and forcing the water out of the "cracks". Wear some hearing protection when running it!! After a while it gets loud on the ears. One requirement for it to work good on blowing off the water, is that the car must be waxed good! Have fun with it. It also works good for blowing the dust/dirt out of the coils on the frig. But be prepared to dust the whole house after blowing out the coils (don't ask how I know this)!

Chad

I bought the motorcycle version of this, it takes forever to blow water off.

Even though they are expensive, I've decided those water filtration/ionizing units are better.

Get all the impurities out of the water for rinsing and you hardly see any spotting even if you let it air dry.

The power wash I go to between hand washing has that "spot free" rinse, it really does work and It's basically the same.

U will like,,,,

Two of my friends have the Master Blaster, and they luv it. Cuts the drying time down to practically nothing

Thinking of using my discover pts to buy one at X-mas time.

Last edited:
We got the little one (for motorcycles I think) at the BG 10th anniversary. Gets things dry enough that it's easy with a waffle towel to finish it off.

Chad's right about ear protection though, especially when using it around the wheels! (for some reason that really throws the sound back at you)

Finally!

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I used the Master Blaster for the first time today!

I took The Great One to the first Car Show of the season, known as the "Sweet 16" Show for two reasons. It's always held the week of Valentine's Day and they award only trophies for the "Sweet 16" (top 16 cars).

Even though only a 10% chance of rain was predicted, I did encounter a few light sprinkles on the way. Once I arrived, I parked next to a friend of mine that brought his very nice 65 GTO (he also owns a marvelous original 67 GTO "Survivor" with only 18,000 miles).

The clouds would thicken up and then thin out, teasing us with false hope of a sunny afternoon. There was a great assortment of over 125 cars there. About 2:00 pm, the light sprinkle returned and all hopes of sunny weather were dashed. Trophies were scheduled to be awarded at 4:00 pm, but they announced that they would be awarded early at 2:30 pm. I had won a "Sweet 16" Trophy last year, so I didn't expect to win again.

But I did! :jump: It was really nice being chosen as one of the top 16 out of over 125 cars.

So right after the awards went out, I headed back for the barn. I drove home in a light sprinkle all the way home, about 12 miles. The roads were damp, but not really wet. Of course, the water was beading like crazy and running off the car. I got the GTO home and put her in her garage.

Then I got out the Master Blaster and got started.

Amazing! The water just rolled off and left a clean dry surface! It was fabulous around the moldings and gaps. It was so easy to use and in little time, the car was dry without ever using the first microfiber towel.

I have the model with the wheels and the 30 foot hose. It's really easy to use and I can recommend one to anyone !

I use a battery powered leaf blower! MUCH CHEAPER, easier to maneuver around the car, and I can blow leaves out of garage too!!:D

I've used a backpack blower on my motorcycles for years. What a time saver. I bought a ryobi 18v from Home Depot about two years ago. Get two batteries,charger for like 50 bucks. No cords,more than powerful enough and can do the leaves too. Before using the blower it was impossible to get water out of rear window area and trunk drove me nuts!:( now completely dry in ten min:thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom