Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Window stickers

Jack Bowser

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black XLR-V
Is there a way to get a copy of the original window sticker for our XLR’s?

i recently bought a 2006 XLR-V and would like to have a copy.

my only issue so far was the mild/wild wasn’t working. The dealer put a new solenoid and a new electronic controller. I asked for the old parts and discovered the solenoid was not bad. Today it seems they just replace parts until they find the bad one. That’s expensive for us. I’m sure they won’t take the old one back. I had a Chevy Dealer do the work. I assume a Cadillac dealer would have cost me more.

Im enjoying the car. I was having sellers remorse from selling my Z-06 Corvette.

my only issue so far was the mild/wild wasn’t working. The dealer put a new solenoid and a new electronic controller. I asked for the old parts and discovered the solenoid was not bad. Today it seems they just replace parts until they find the bad one. That’s expensive for us. I’m sure they won’t take the old one back. I had a Chevy Dealer do the work. I assume a Cadillac dealer would have cost me more.

Im enjoying the car. I was having sellers remorse from selling my Z-06 Corvette.

If anyone has it National Corvette Museum can make a copy of it and possibly the build sheet for it

Build sheet/window sticker

If you're lucky you can purchase both of these items from the National Corvette Museum. They are I believe $45 each plus you can have them laminated for an additional $5 each. Just send your VIN to them and they can tell you if the are available or not. Unfortunately for me they didn't have mine. Hope you have better luck.

There are two places you may be able to obtain a window sticker from:
1) Check the XLR Registry. Mine was linked to my VIN. All 2006 XLR's are registered. I am not sure about other model years.
2) Check with the Corvette Musuem in Bowling Green, KY. I have been told that they have XLR information.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There are two places you may be able to obtain a window sticker from:
1) Check the XLR Registry. Mine was linked to my VIN. All 2006 XLR's are registered. I am not sure about other model years.
2) Check with the Corvette Musuem in Bowling Green, KY. I have been told that they have XLR information.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I believe that the window stickers that are listed in the XLR registry on this site are just examples. I contacted betty@corvettemuseum.org and she told me that they didn't have the build sheet for my car therefore they couldn't provide the window sticker

You can go to any GM dealer and they can print you out the build sheet and the GM service history, which I highly recommend doing for any GM product you own. You will have to talk to service or parts, the salesmen will not have access to these things. As for a copy of the window sticker, you could ask them about that.

Mild to wild solenoid...

Hello, can you tell me more about the solenoid, do you recall the part number? My car's M to W caused my exhaust flaps to stay in the spring loaded open position, the vacuum is now not pulling them closed. Any info would be appreciated, part number, valve location, other things you know about this - Thanks - Stan in Indy

You can go to any GM dealer and they can print you out the build sheet and the GM service history, which I highly recommend doing for any GM product you own. You will have to talk to service or parts, the salesmen will not have access to these things. As for a copy of the window sticker, you could ask them about that.
Thanks for the info. I'm surprised that I haven't heard anyone else mention this. Maybe I just missed it. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes.

Window sticker - build sheet

I just bought the original window sticker AND build sheet for my VIN XLR V, below is the associated email:

"Yes, we do have the build sheet for your XLR. April 1, there was an increase in the price of the build sheet and window sticker. The build sheet + shipping/handling is $67 (lamination $5 additional) and if you want both the build sheet and the window sticker it will be $117 (shipping/handling included) and if you want both laminated that would be an additional $10.

You can give either me or Sharon a call at 800-538-3883, ext. 141 or 157 and we will be glad to take your order over the phone.

Thank you for your inquiry and your support of the National Corvette Museum."

Betty Hardison
Library & Archives Coordinator
270-781-7973, ext. 141
Direct: 270-467-8841
Fax: 270-467-8806

www.corvettemuseum.org

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom