Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

WindScreen for Sale - Top Down motoring is right around the corner!

Anthony Cundari

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
had a 2007 XLR for 5 years - unfortunately I moved on to newer technology
SOLD-SOLD-SOLD 4/24/19
Very Nice WindScreen - reduces wind buffeting and you don't need to crank up the volume on the radio to hear your favorite music. Still being offered online but why pay more? $195. Send me a PM with any questions or confirm to buy.

Attachments

• windrestrictor 3.jpg
    windrestrictor 3.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 281
  • windrestrictor 2.jpg
    windrestrictor 2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 289
  • windrestrictor 1.jpg
    windrestrictor 1.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Anthony, I’m a newbie with a 2008 XLR. I just search windscreens and got your post. So do you have one that will fit mine and is it hard to install?

HI Gus, Sorry, it was sold 2 years ago as I showed in the post title. Easy to overlook. The install for the one I had was very easy. A bracket that clamped around the rollbar and a strip that went on the deck to position the bottom. I do have a few other items that nobody replied about including a 2008 catalog. My interior was cashmere so I have a slightly used passenger floor mat since I replaced them as a set and a set of Weathertech rubber floor mats that I have not posted on the website. Yes, I did drive my XLR in the Winter in northern Ohio as long as the roads were clear and dry. I sold it in 2015 with much regret. I rank it #1 among my cars from over 50 years followed by my 2005 CTS tied with my 2015 Mustang Convertible. Anthony

Thanks for the information. I like the looks and I see how you installed it after your explanation. I definitely want one like that. I will probably go with Weathertech floor mats too. Gus

Gus, I purchased a wind screen like the one advertised. The outfit that makes them can etch XLR, Cadillac w/logo, and LED lighting if you want it. Let me know if you are interested and I'll look back at where I purchased it.

Robert, if you don’t mind, yes I’m interested. Not sure about the etching or LED lights but I would love to see what they offer. Thanks

Robert, I think I found where you got yours: WindRestrictor in Dallas, TX. They have everything you mention. $335 plain and a little higher for etching

Robert, I think I found where you got yours: WindRestrictor in Dallas, TX. They have everything you mention. $335 plain and a little higher for etching
That sounds like it. I went through Amazon. The link is

Windrestrictor Wind Deflector for Cadillac XLR Convertible | 2003-2010 | Controls Backdraft Air Flow & Wind Noise | Laser Etched Cadillac XLR Design | Blue Color LED Illumination | Black Roll Bar

I got the led lighting, but had to have it installed professionally because it looked like more than I wanted to tackle. Another $300, but I love it. There is still some wind, but less than before.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, FYI, I just ordered it from them with the “Cadillac” etching but no lighting. I love driving with the top down except the wind does buffer a lot and I hate putting the windows up but that stops the buffering to something I can live with. I hope this windscreen will help enough.

I just acquired a 2004 XLR. Could you make a wind screen for it? Thanks,

Keith Bradford

Hi:

I'm looking for a wind screen for my newly acquired 2004 XLR. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry