Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! XLR 2004

jimboo

Hello everyone.I am locking for shemas in the electrical circuit of the trunk for my XLR 2004.This one starts to open and closes again a few seconds later.
Do you know perhaps the cause of this failure?It would be nice if you could help me.
Cordially. Jean-marc from FRANCE

Are you holding the 'top down' button down through the entire function?

In the trunk,,,far back towards the seats......is there any items there preventing the function to complete? I seen one
episode where a jacket was in that trunk area and it prevented the cycle from performing. Just a thought...

Top or trunk will not open....again

Bonjour Jimboo.

As far for the schema I would suggest you to purchase a repair manual, find attached a supplier that produce the GM manual in the version PDF and also included in your own language.

The device teck 2 is an ''appareille '' that would scan your XLR and will tell you what is recommended to solve the car problem.

As far is the rear trunk if it only open and not moving up, it could be that there is no hydraulic pressure in the system.
If you ear the motor running but without action, then it could be the motor itself or its thermistor. ( .....it could be any thing )

An other possibility is the cylinders that gets the lid to open up, they are attached to the lid hinges side by side, 2 hydraulics and 2 gas struts (helper) they could need perhaps to be replace or their seals are leaking.

You need an expert, who know really the retractable tops, ''TopHydraulic '' does advertise its repair shop on the above header or down here,

click on his web address and view his many videos on how it works and how to do the repairs, give him a call or send him an email for having more informations.

One other way to solve your problem, if a Cadillac dealer is not available in your area visit a Mercedes dealer that could help you, as the their retractable top on some models are very similar, as both are German design.

Cousin germain

IAN :wave:

s-l1600[2] (2).jpg

Last edited:
I had similar problem couple of months ago. Truck would open about 6 inches and close back down. If I opened a few times it would eventually work. It would stay open once it did open so it wasn’t the struts. It turned out to be the latch mechanism.

Fireduck

It could be also the I/P additional fuse breaker 44,45,and 46 as shown in this photo were the breaker block is almost sitting on the car floor.
Was it designed by an engineers or a salesman, it is really a shame to installed the BCM and its components at this place, were water can affect the car to work properly.

As far is for the latch in the actuator, its function is to lock or to release the lid like a car door, there is no hydraulic attachements on it.
The auxiliary relay could affect the fonction of the latch, that it is possible it remain to be diagnosed.

Thank for your experience with this problem.

IAN
13     vid34827988_uid5d5a2f20acc14[1] (1).jpglatch-trunk-2004-2009-cadillac-xlr-c184014[1].jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom