Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Certified

Carguy

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black Cherry XLR-V
Hi all how do you know if a Cadillac dealer has an XLR certified technician ? :dunno:

Unfortunately, to my knowledge you just have to ask the dealer. GM says they don't have a list.

Don't let them give you an "all our technicians are certified" answer. XLR certification is different & is specifically that.

I forgot the exact terminology, but there is something like a master certified technician too. Means they have the highest certification GM has & should be up on the most complex computer/technology issues (as explained to me). Probably the next best thing to a XLR tech.

I suggest if you have something to wrong, ask questions on here to get direction & a "pre-diagnosis." Or, let others here know what the dealer told you. That will help give you a feel for whether any claimed "XLR tech" really is one.

Hope that helps! :wave:

An idea, would be to ask if they have sold a new one. They had to send a tech to school in order to be able to sell one new. Doesn't mean the tech is still employed there however.

I recommend stopping by your local dealership and meeting the Service Manger and have him recommend a Service Adviser. Ask him if he has any Certified XLR Techs --as opposed to certified techs (all of them should be.) A certified XLR tech has passed the GM XLR training course and is supposed to be the shop XLR expert. If so, ask to meet the tech and start to develop a good working relationship with him. In the end, you'll enjoy a better dealership experience where you can get in-depth answers to your questions. I've had several great dealerships in the last three places I've lived and it all came down to good communication. One Service Manager replaced my crazed headlights free of charge, (three months out of warranty) and had part of the car repainted with no questions asked when I returned it after noticing scratches after it was serviced. It pays to be nice!

CC :wave:

had part of the car repainted with no questions asked when I returned it after noticing scratches after it was serviced. It pays to be nice!

CC :wave:

You must be record setting nice! - didn't involve the XLR, but the last time we had that on a car (nice big dent/scratch on the door after repairing a stuck lock mechanism), we got the standard "it was like that when we got it." They ultimately backed off that statement but did nothing about the scratch.

Of course, that was after we had previously gotten upset about a surprise announcement that the car wasn't ready after a parking brake repair because "the rear axle fell off" - & there wasn't supposed to be anything done involving the rear axle.

Fortunately none of this involved the XLR!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom