Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Get-togethers

DOUG ASHBY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
From reading threads over the last 2 years, and from other research, I see where XLR owners used to have some get-togethers at various places around the country. Even looks like they used to have a national gathering. But it seems like they've all fizzled out. Is that true? If so, why?
The wife & I are always looking for an excuse to take Red on an outing. We're members of the North Texas Cadillac Lasalle club, so we attend those gatherings, but it would be fun to hang with a herd of XLR's!
We were in a small East Texas town one weekend last year, when about 25 Accura NSX's came through on a gathering. Most impressive. Surely we could do something like that?
Ya'll know of any XLR state or regional meets out there? Especially here in Texas? We're interested! San Antonio? New Braunfels? Fredericksburg? Austin?

My thought on this is many of the original owners have either parted ways with these cars or no longer monitor this site. There have been many new members lately which is why
I think this way. I don't see anywhere there's lots of XLRs in any one area so it'll be up to the new members to start the get togethers.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You just missed one last weekend in Dublin Ohio for the yearly Arthritis Car Show, although only 2 made the show.... they always wanted more! We couldn't make this year, but always fun times with dinners out, places to see in the area and usually the evenings drinks at the hotel bars or somewhere! There's a big show coming up in Carmel Indiana 10th Carmel Artomobilia Show we was there 2 years ago but can't make this, but maybe you all can get some to go here. It's big show where they close down the town streets! Great times and memories! If you watch the 2017 Welcome video at below site you'll see some XLR's right in the beginning of the video!
Here the website: ARTOMOBILIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Someone has to take on planning the trip, arranging for activities, dinners, hotel block reservations, etc. We seem to be running short of volunteers for that these days!

We've done one, & it will particularly keep you on the run for the week that you host it, but nothing beats socializing with other owners and seeing a convoy of 12+ XLR's cruising down the road! :thumbsup

Past and Future (?) XLR trips

And an excellent job you folks did with the Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Outer Banks trip!

In the past, we've been on an Asheville NC/Biltmore House trip, Gettysburg/Hershey PA trip, a trip to Bowling Green Assembly/Corvette National Museum and the aforementioned Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Outer Banks trip! All were a lot of fun.

What has to happen is that a number of folks have to agree on a destination and then folks have to help out in planning it.

We're ready for another trip.

Any ideas? I've always thought that West Virginia or Chattanooga TN would be a good trip!

Loss of owners

My thought on this is many of the original owners have either parted ways with these cars or no longer monitor this site. There have been many new members lately which is why
I think this way. I don't see anywhere there's lots of XLRs in any one area so it'll be up to the new members to start the get togethers.

Yeah, I fear you are probably right. I noticed a lot of comments in here are from several years ago, and many of those owners haven't been heard from in a long time. So I'm assuming many of them are no longer with us (one way or another). So, yes, there's probably been a whole 'changing of the guard', and it'll be up to the newbies to arrange something. I don't think I have the talent, or the time, or the energy to be the go-to guy. I've never been a 'Chief', but I've always been a good 'Indian'.

A few years back when I lived in Seattle I owned a Pontiac Solstice. I was a member of a club called the Pacific Northwest Roadsters. Was based in Arizona with chapters all over. The chapter in Portland OR had many get to gethers and the yearly 3 day festivities was in Arizona. I traveled there from Seattle in the little two seater. Was fun. I will drive this Cadillac anywhere if it's like this type of activity.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back