Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR TPMS Research

GizmoQ

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V; 1996 Eldorado ESC-V
Since I finally got my Z06 wheels, I figured I better start researching adding TPMS sensor that work with the car's internal warning system. Started by searching this site and others for part numbers and only came up with the OEM part #25753868. However, it seems to have been replaced by part #25758220.

The OEM sensors look to be the Dorman 974-012 models, but for those of us with aftermarket wheels another manufacturer has stems that tilt. This second company, Oro-Tek, has product OSC-0076 that are "OEM Compatible." None of these sensors are cheap, but I did find the Dormans at Rock Auto for $46.79 each. Interestingly, Rock auto also shows two other brands as compatible, but only the Dorman comes w/Low Tire Pressure Monitoring System (UJ6). (The UJ6 is important for our cars)

As a side note, I was amazed at the vehicles that use the same Dorman sensors:
2004-2008 Base XLR
2008-2009 Platinum Base XLR
2006-2009 XLR-V
2005-2008 Base STS
2008 Platinum STS
2006-2008 STS-V
2005-2009 Base Corvette
2006-2009 Corvette Z06
2008 Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06
2009 Corvette ZR1

Another interesting find was the programming instructions from Dorman. They list two procedures for programming the sensors: the Special Tool J-46079 i.e., "big hunking magnet" method and increase/decrease pressure method. Once I get mine mounted with wheels and tires, I'll continue here with the results of the learning procedure.

Not a big deal for you, Gizmo, but the 2004 XLRs actually had a different part # than the other years. I had one go bad on the 2004 Base XLR I had before and intially the dealership ordered the wrong part. The car would not recognize the new TPMS. Ended up ordering the correct one and all was well. You might want to check with Tiffany's Dad, he has aftermarket wheels on his, to see what sensors they are using.

Since I finally got my Z06 wheels, I figured I better start researching adding TPMS sensor that work with the car's internal warning system. Started by searching this site and others for part numbers and only came up with the OEM part #25753868. However, it seems to have been replaced by part #25758220.

The OEM sensors look to be the Dorman 974-012 models, but for those of us with aftermarket wheels another manufacturer has stems that tilt. This second company, Oro-Tek, has product OSC-0076 that are "OEM Compatible." None of these sensors are cheap, but I did find the Dormans at Rock Auto for $46.79 each. Interestingly, Rock auto also shows two other brands as compatible, but only the Dorman comes w/Low Tire Pressure Monitoring System (UJ6). (The UJ6 is important for our cars)

As a side note, I was amazed at the vehicles that use the same Dorman sensors:
2004-2008 Base XLR
2008-2009 Platinum Base XLR
2006-2009 XLR-V
2005-2008 Base STS
2008 Platinum STS
2006-2008 STS-V
2005-2009 Base Corvette
2006-2009 Corvette Z06
2008 Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06
2009 Corvette ZR1

Another interesting find was the programming instructions from Dorman. They list two procedures for programming the sensors: the Special Tool J-46079 i.e., "big hunking magnet" method and increase/decrease pressure method. Once I get mine mounted with wheels and tires, I'll continue here with the results of the learning procedure.

Not a big deal for you, Gizmo, but the 2004 XLRs actually had a different part # than the other years.

Talked to my favorite service writer and he agrees. He thinks the 25753868 was the 2004 part and the rest were the 25758220. Maybe Cadillac Tech can chime in for a definitive answer.

I have chrome Z06 wheels on my 2006 XLR and used the OEM TPMS units from the stock wheels without any issues.

:cool:

I have chrome Z06 wheels on my 2006 XLR and used the OEM TPMS units from the stock wheels without any issues.

That would be correct as long as you have the TPMS correct generation for your car they will work.;)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

I intend to keep the stock wheels intact for "winter wheels" so I need a new set for these, my "Summer Wheels." :naughty:

There is no rush to buy them right now. My local Tire shop is still trying find a 285/40ZR18 to test fit on the rear of the car for me, but that is another thread.

25758220 is the correct part number for the 2006 XLR-V... I bought a 2nd set for my forgeline wheels... its the same one thats in the STS and Vettes as well from that year. :)

I ordered additional TPMS' from Tire Rack, when I ordered my Black wheels. I had no problems getting them to link to the car (took it to Sears and they came out and got it done in 15 minutes). All Tire Racks says is that they are "315MHz Tire Pressure Sensor". The were $148 for all (4) - not too bad.

Just a suggestion.

Can't wait to see your new wheels, Gizmo.

I am going to rotated the tires on my 04 XLR how do I reprogam the sensors to read the correct position. On the C5 Corvettes that I have owned you can go into tire sensor learning on the DIC and do it with a donut magnet.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom