Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLRs Scheduled for Barrett-Jackson Auction in January

M

Mark0polo

For those who tune-in to the Motor Trend channel (formerly Velocity) to watch the Barrett-Jackson Auction from January 14-20, there are 5 XLRs selling for no-reserve on the docket (so far). Interesting opportunity to see how this years' value look! Almost-live auction results are also available on the Hagerty app. If you're there during the auction, please send a message-I'll be close to the auction block!

Lot 55 (Monday) 2005 XLR (raven black) no miles listed
Lot 394 (Wednesday) 2004 XLR (blue) 31,000 miles
Lot 651 (Thursday) 2004 XLR (raven black) 34,000 miles
Lot 696.1 (Thursday) 2007 XLR-V (red) 41,000 miles
Lot 1527 (Sunday) 2007 XLR-V (raven black) 44,500 miles

My estimates 10K, 13.9K, 13.4K, 48.6K, 57.2K

Last edited:
Often times, the first & the last days of the auction are not good days for sellers. The Wed and Thurs cars should do better because more potential buyers will be in the audience. Bidders get a nice allotment of free drink tokens for each day during the auction-which usually helps drive up prices as the week progresses! Sundays are usually disappointing for sellers but great for buyers!
Best guesses: 10,000, 15,000, 15,000, 30,000, 17,000

Those vs left till the end may sell as someone might just buy something to make the trip worthwhile and over pay. MArkopolo seems to think the red V will break it out. I agree but not by as much. Would love to see the mall bring top money

Mecum runs two cars before then. Lot k246 an 07 silver with 49,000 miles and lot w96.1 a 2004 crimson pearl unknown miles

Mecum Lot K-246 was withdrawn today so we don’t know what the 2007 silver with 49,000 miles might’ve gone for. In a few days a 2004 red XLR will hit the auction block in Kississimee, FL. The first XLR at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale will be on Monday afternoon, January 14. The second XLR hits the block on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Mecum's auction in Kissimmee, FL today (Wednesday) just sold a 2004 XLR, red with grey interior for $22,000 (not incl commissions). No information about prior owner/s or actual miles was shown on the auction site. Here is the link to the car in the unlikely event that someone recognizes it...
2004 Cadillac XLR Convertible | W96.1 | Kissimmee 2019

Barrett-Jackson has 5 XLRs scheduled for next week. As I watch them go across the block and I will post the selling price shortly thereafter. Let's hope there are active buyers to help keep values up!

wow, looks like a nice car and a strong price. there is an ebay listing for an 04 with 10,000 miles at 32,900 Would be nice if they start bringing higher money for those about to sell

Another XLR has been added to the B-J docket for next week. Lot 647 is a 2007 blue with black interior. No miles or ownership information is listed. That makes a total of 6 XLRs scheduled for Scottsdale next week. Thursday is the big day with 3 scheduled for the auction block. Interested parties can watch for results on Motor Trend network or on the Hagerty Insider app in case I don't post them fast enough.

I think I saw that blue one listed on another site for like 39,000$. There are about a dozen nice ones out there right now that people are asking 50-75,000 for. Sure would love the see those sell for that kind of money. Meanwhile there is a 06 in Columbia Sc with about 120,000 miles and looks pretty decent blue over black for 8300. Would make a great starter car for someone , ad says clean title.

LOT 55 XLR
2005 CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE

Scheduled for today, Monday..... but I don't see a SOLD PRICE on this XLR. Cars in front and behind show a sold price, but not the XLR at this point in time. Possibly waiting for $olid funding by the buyer?

Last edited:
Lot 55 sold for about $19,000 this afternoon around 5pm. It was average condition with very worn drivers seat, 91,000 miles with raven black paint showing lots of scratches and front end paint chips. I was expecting it to go for around $14-$15 based on appearance alone. The crowd was huge for a Monday afternoon day #1 event. Another XLR showing on Wednesday.

LOT #55 2005 XLR hammered on the block for:

Sold for: $17,500.00 to onsite

Internet Premium : 12% Fee added +$2000 > Bought the sold price to $19,500 *Includes Buyer Commission

The 'seller' after paying their 10% commission fee would get > $15,750

:thumbsup Pretty close appraisal you estimated, MarkO :worship:

Last edited:
Lot 394 is a blue model with only 30,000 miles. Great paint, very nice car that had some body work done in 2010. The DRL lenses are clear and look new, no cracks or yellowing! Should be at the podium around 12-1 on Wednesday. This car should bring good money! Attendance seems really high for early in the week. Lots 651 and 696.1 for Thursday are also in very good condition, I haven’t located Lot 647. Hope to see it tomorrow!

LOT 394 XLR states > Has 30,696 actual miles. Powered by a Northstar 4.6-liter V8 engine with automatic transmission. Corvette suspension with new brakes, tires and replaced GM dealer hardtop components.

Hhhmmmm,,,, Think i'd want more info on this car before moving towards a purchase bid.

Back in 2016 at Barrett Jackson, a 2006 Infrared XLR V sold for $62K with 40K miles. Only XLR sold that week. Looks like this may have brought so many XLRs to the auction. Who knows. You should always pay extra for an Infrared XLR V.

Lot 394 went for $31,900 including all commissions. Very nice, low miles, several enthusiastic bidders.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom