2009 Cadillac XLR: GM TechLink Article: EBCM Condition
2007-09 Escalade, Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Outlook
2008-09 Enclave, G8
2009 Cadillac XLR, Corvette
Do not replace an EBCM for this condition, as this is NOT an internal EBCM hardware problem. This condition can typically be resolved by performing a full power-down of the EBCM.
The following DTCs are applicable to this condition of "Lights On No DTCs": C0035, C0040, C0045, C0050, C0110, C0131, C0161, C0186, C0196, C0245, C0252, C0299, C0450, C0455, C0550, C0710, U0100, and U2142.
IMPORTANT: Follow the guidelines below when performing a Tech 2 DTC Clear Code Command Request. Do not replace an EBCM for this "Lights On No DTCs" condition.
1. Perform Tech 2 EBCM "Clear All DTCs" command, if not already performed.
2. After EBCM "Clear All DTCs" process is complete, the EBCM telltales may still appear.
3. Key Off Ignition. Open and close the driver’s door to turn off RAP (Retained Accessory Power) and wait at least 60 seconds.
4. Key On Ignition. Are the EBCM related telltales still present?
- If no telltales and no DTCs, no further action is required.
- If yes telltales and DTC present, follow the appropriate Diagnostic Trouble Code procedure.
- If yes telltales and no DTC present, operate the vehicle at speeds greater than 15 km/h
5. If telltales remain with no DTCs after the drive cycle, disconnect the battery for at least 60 seconds and then reconnect. This will insure a complete power-down of the EBCM. Turn Key On Ignition and operate the vehicle at speeds greater than 15 km/h (10 mph) to complete the self test. Verify no telltales or DTCs reset.
- Thanks to Jim Will
|Posted by: Rob Loszewski - December 20, 2016. This article has been viewed 2736 times.|
|Online URL: https://www.xlr-net.com/knowledgebase/article/2009-cadillac-xlr-gm-techlink-article-ebcm-condition-50.html|
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)