2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR and XLR-V: Service Bulletin: XLR Roof Does Not Latch At Rear Corners In Stowed Position
#PIC4547A: XLR Roof Does Not Latch At Rear Corners In Stowed Position - keywords latch loose mid open potentiometer retract stow trunk - (Oct 23, 2008)
||XLR Roof Does Not Latch At Rear Corners In Stowed Position
||2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR and V-Series
This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIC4547.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
- Some customers may comment of a mark in the paint on the roof panel. This mark may be on the drivers or passengers side of the roof and typically the size of a pencil eraser. Further inspection of the retractable roof may indicate when the roof is stowed, the rear corners of the roof are not secured in trunk area. This may be the result of a misadjusted roof panel.
- Lower roof into trunk as far as it will go. Stop when trunk starts to close. Check to see if the rear roof latches engage the lower support.
- Scribe the current position of the rear roof panel pivot bracket bolts. These marks may be needed if the panel moves more than needed. The position should only change about .5 mm (one half mm).
- Loosen both of the rear roof pivot brackets to rear roof panel fasteners one turn (both driver and passenger sides). These only need to be loose enough to allow the bracket to slide under the bolt shoulder. Do not allow the shims (if present) to become mis-positioned.
- Manually lower the panel so the rear latches engage and latch. Lightly bump/thump the rear corners of the roof panel above the latches using your open palm.
- Re-tighten the previously loosened fasteners to the specifications listed in S.I (Doc I.D. = 1739799)
- Cycle the roof and ensure that it latches properly in both the up position and down position with out assistance. If it does not latch in the up position the strikers can be adjusted.
(1) Front Of Vehicle
(2) Loosen One Turn
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
|Posted by: Rob Loszewski - December 25, 2016. This article has been viewed 2394 times.
|Online URL: https://www.xlr-net.com/knowledgebase/article/2004-2009-cadillac-xlr-and-xlr-v-service-bulletin-xlr-roof-does-not-latch-at-rear-corners-in-stowed-position-92.html
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)