FOR RELEASE: 2005-02-07
DETROIT - Cadillac continued its partnership with the NFL for the fourth year as the official vehicle of Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville, FL. As part of this sponsorship, Cadillac presented the MVP Award recipient a brand new Cadillac. Deion Branch was able to select one vehicle from Cadillac’s current line-up - the XLR, CTS, STS, Escalade or SRX. At the post-game press conference this morning in Jacksonville, Branch chose the Cadillac XLR.
Cadillac’s sponsorship of the MVP Award put fans in the "driver’s seat" by allowing them to vote on-line for the player they felt deserved the award. Beginning in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl, fans were able to cast their ballots on the Superbowl.com MVP Ballot presented by Cadillac. The fan vote counted for roughly 20 percent, with 15 on-site media members representing the other 80 percent. In addition, fans could also vote by sending a text message from their wireless phones.
Cadillac is the official vehicle for Super Bowl XXXIX and the sponsor of the Super Bowl MVP Award. Cadillac is the luxury division of General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM) and produces vehicles such as the STS performance sedan, the XLR convertible roadster, the SRX midsize utility, and the CTS entry-level sedan. In addition to selling the popular DeVille nameplate, Cadillac also sells the popular Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT. More information on Cadillac and its products can be found on www.cadillac.com or media.gm.com/division/cadillac.
Article ID: 39
Created: December 20, 2016
Last Updated: December 20, 2016
Author: Rob Loszewski
Online URL: https://www.xlr-net.com/knowledgebase/article/february-7-2005-2005-cadillac-xlr-cadillac-put-fans-in-the-driver-s-seat-to-help-select-super-bowl-xxxix-mvp-deion-branch-39.html