Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Light Platinum XLR

FWIW, I've seen bad gas make the engine intermittently die from idle; e.g., small amount of water in the gas. Try running a shot of STA-BIL or Gumout Gas Treatment through it.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Trbo View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I looked into the intake bolts or supercharger bolts and did not detect any looseness. I don't think the V suffers from the same intake issues as the naturally aspirated.

Richard

When it comes to moving things around, I take the simplest and least expensive approach first when diagnosing. I did not move the injector, I am not super familiar with how this engine comes apart and goes together. But it looked like a real PITA to get the fuel rail off to move the injector. This is why the injector balancing test was so appealing to me. I still haven't figured out why that test won't work from the Tech 2. It seems I need to buy another piece of equipment.

I am no longer experiencing the miss issue I had before so I've stopped working on that. Other things to look into now.

Thanks again for the post

Post Thanks / Like

This is a guess. I would suspect the oil in air filters as mentioned and the E3 plugs. North stars don't seem to like improved plugs. I put a set of Bosh Platnums in another Northstar thinking of prevention and improved performance. The result was misfire at random times and I took it to Cadillac Expert who educated me on the finicky Northstar put factor AC in and problem went away.